The Sewing Place

Chris Packham`s jacket!

sewingj

Chris Packham`s jacket!
« on: June 10, 2018, 16:03:47 PM »
Anyone else spent much of Springwatch last week admiring Chris Packham`s jacket rather than the wildlife?  Harris tweed perhaps?  I`ll try and post a photo but I`m relying on @UttaRetch to find a better one

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/tvandradioblog/2014/may/28/chris-packham-and-the-evolution-of-springwatch-style

Iminei

Re: Chris Packham`s jacket!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 17:34:02 PM »
Oh! CP was a complete crush of mine from way, way, way back! and so clever ... getting the titles of Smiths songs into his SW broadcasts (not that Im a S's fan at all)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Fiona M

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 18:01:50 PM »
Love Chris Packham, and his lovely Harris jacket but, strike me, I must be the only person on the planet not to know he was Jenny Packham's brother!  :|

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 18:45:01 PM »
Love Chris Packham, and his lovely Harris jacket but, strike me, I must be the only person on the planet not to know he was Jenny Packham's brother!  :|

No - I didn`t know either!  Doesn`t it make you sick when there are two successful children in a family?!  My two are lovely but neither of them is going to set the world on fire - makes me wonder where I went wrong!

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 18:50:31 PM »
@sewingj: not a fan of Springwatch and I am afraid that I think Chris Packham could 'bore for England'.  He is a regular guest on Countdown and fortunately, I am able to speed over his little segment as I normally tape the programme.  I know that he is somewhere on the austic spectrum and that makes him come over as humourless.  He is, however, a handsome man, but looks isn't everything.

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 19:00:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear you say that UR - I was beginning to think I was the only person who didn't like him.  I can't bear to watch anything he is in, which is a shame because he tends to be in programmes that I would like to watch.

I hadn't realised that he was on the autism spectrum, but I don't think that has a great deal to do with my reasons for not wanting to watch him.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 21:04:53 PM »
Who’s Jenny Packham?

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 21:08:51 PM »
I didn't know Jenny Packham was his sister either.

Terry watches all the nature programmes but he always winges when packham is on, he says his voice drones on and on  ><.  Packham has Aspergers Syndrome, the top end of the autistic spectrum, which is why he can focus so intently on one subject area studying it all the time, but finds coping with unplanned things very difficult.

I did notice the tweed jacket, but I didn't like it.  I thought the checked pockets looked odd in the mish-mash of four or five different fabrics.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

sewingj

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 08:14:27 AM »

Efemera

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 13:30:42 PM »
Still none the wiser...

sewingj

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 14:30:18 PM »
She makes frocks favoured by the hoi polloi eg Duchess of Cambridge - just possibly out of our league

Missie

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 08:01:44 AM »

Me too and Nope, I had no idea either, and I watched his programme about his Aspergers as well!  Don't think it was mentioned on there!

Fiona M

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »
Me too and Nope, I had no idea either, and I watched his programme about his Aspergers as well!  Don't think it was mentioned on there!
Bizarrely, I knew about his Aspergers before it recently became very public knowledge, but had no idea he was related to Jenny!

UttaRetch

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 16:56:29 PM »
Chris Packham co-presented a programme with Liz Bonnin about cats and dogs, and his segment focused on his very strong attachment to his dogs because of his Asperger's diagnosis.