The Sewing Place

Hello from a lurker

Threadhead

Hello from a lurker
« on: June 11, 2018, 15:11:52 PM »
Hello...I hate doing this, so let's get it out of the way. I'm from Glasgow and I love sewing and knitting. I've lurked here for aaaaages, but I don't usually have much to say so didn't bother signing up until a few days ago. No idea why I changed my mind, but I'm here now. I'll be in the quiet corner if anyone needs me  :ninja:

b15erk

Re: Hello from a lurker
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 15:14:37 PM »
Welcome Threadhead!  Don't be shy, we're all friends here!

Grab a brew, and a slice of cake if you want, and jump right in!

Look forward to seeing some of your projects!

:cake: :drink:
Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 15:33:52 PM »
Hello and welcome!   :toast:  glad you felt able to delurk (is that a word??) and say hello.  As b15erk says, we're all friends here, so jump right in :)

fajita

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 15:49:21 PM »
Welcome @Threadhead  :drink: :flower:

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 17:24:13 PM »
Hello Threadhead, welcome from me too  :drink:.  We are a friendly group so I'm glad you decided to say hello and introduce yourself.

maliw

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 17:25:17 PM »
Hello, nice to meet you, don't hide yourself away. We don't bite.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Sewingsue

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 17:33:47 PM »
Welcome, Threadhead  :D
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

eclectic

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 18:40:04 PM »
Hi Threadhead... fellow lurker here.. I'm glad you felt comfotable enough to join us, it took me a while to join aswell but the crowd here is so nice and you can just have a chat and join in when you feel like it... there is no pressure and so much to learn and share ... you are guarenteed a good giggle with the posts because you can relate or just because they are just so outrageously funny ....welcome

Greybird

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 20:53:32 PM »
Hello and welcome - and please come out of the corner!!

Pearl

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 21:02:06 PM »
Welcome, @Threadhead .  What do you like to sew? 

crafter

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 21:24:18 PM »
Welcome!  :) :)

Threadhead

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 16:39:18 PM »
Thanks everyone for the welcomes  :*

@Pearl - I sew mostly clothing, but will try my hand at anything that catches my eye. I also knit, but never got the hang of crochet sadly as I do love how it looks.

Pearl

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 16:51:20 PM »
Oh, I'm the same wrt knitting/crochet, @Threadhead .  Every year my friend and I resolve to learn to crochet but it hasn't happened yet.  I'd like to make this, lol.

Sheilago

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 00:30:13 AM »
Hello Threadhead, Welcome, I’m just 35 miles or so north of you. I’ve found this group really helpful and quite sociable too. I mainly do craft type sewing , not clothes for myself at all, though I did when I was a teenager. Hope you enjoy being a member!

Threadhead

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
@Pearl - that is lovely. Maybe one day, eh?

@Sheilago - Hello neighbour(ish)  0_0 I've noticed there's a few fellow Scots on here, at least someone will understand me after a glass of wine then!