The Sewing Place

Hello from a lurker

Snowgoose

Re: Hello from a lurker
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 13:18:36 PM »
@Sheilago - Hello neighbour(ish)  0_0 I've noticed there's a few fellow Scots on here, at least someone will understand me after a glass of wine then!

Ooh!  Anybody around Thurso???  :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:21:18 PM by Francesca »
'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.'
Robert Louis Stevenson

Kenora

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 13:50:53 PM »
Hello @Threadhead  - I was a lurker for months before I finally plucked up courage to join. I was afraid nobody would be interested in what I had to say, but everyone is so friendly. So welcome from me too. The best place to learn to crochet is on YouTube - there are so many tutorials - some of them are even from people who know what they're talking about. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sheilago

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »
Why Thurso, Snowgoose, when you’re in Cornwall- could hardly be further apart ? :D

Kenora

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 13:49:10 PM »
@Sheilago - I think @Snowgoose is moving from one beautiful part of the UK to another. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Marniesews

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 14:47:01 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too, Threadhead. I bet you see it all from the quiet corner  :o  I'm a popping in and outer and I know I miss things but I've had to ration myself or the day just disappears!

I also knit, but never got the hang of crochet sadly as I do love how it looks.

And I'm the opposite but envy you - there's so much more you can do with knitting - although it takes much longer...but also uses less yarn. Probably too late for me to catch up.
Aka Jacky F in a former life...

Threadhead

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 22:38:42 PM »
@Marniesews - It has been an amazing time suck already as I discovered the members diaries yesterday and spent the whole evening catching up. I love seeing what other people make, it is all so interesting.

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 22:41:30 PM »
Lurk no longer @Threadhead . I'm sure you will like it here.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lolli

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »
Hi Threadhead, welcome to TSP!  :flower:
When you get to the end and realise your bobbin ran out at the beginning....

Greybird

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
Hello and welcome from me too!