The Sewing Place

Hello from a lurker

Snowgoose

Re: Hello from a lurker
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 13:18:36 PM »
@Sheilago - Hello neighbour(ish)  0_0 I've noticed there's a few fellow Scots on here, at least someone will understand me after a glass of wine then!

Ooh!  Anybody around Thurso???  :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:21:18 PM by Francesca »

Kenora

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 13:50:53 PM »
Hello @Threadhead  - I was a lurker for months before I finally plucked up courage to join. I was afraid nobody would be interested in what I had to say, but everyone is so friendly. So welcome from me too. The best place to learn to crochet is on YouTube - there are so many tutorials - some of them are even from people who know what they're talking about. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sheilago

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »
Why Thurso, Snowgoose, when you’re in Cornwall- could hardly be further apart ? :D

Kenora

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 13:49:10 PM »
@Sheilago - I think @Snowgoose is moving from one beautiful part of the UK to another. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Marniesews

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 14:47:01 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too, Threadhead. I bet you see it all from the quiet corner  :o  I'm a popping in and outer and I know I miss things but I've had to ration myself or the day just disappears!

I also knit, but never got the hang of crochet sadly as I do love how it looks.

And I'm the opposite but envy you - there's so much more you can do with knitting - although it takes much longer...but also uses less yarn. Probably too late for me to catch up.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Threadhead

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 22:38:42 PM »
@Marniesews - It has been an amazing time suck already as I discovered the members diaries yesterday and spent the whole evening catching up. I love seeing what other people make, it is all so interesting.

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 22:41:30 PM »
Lurk no longer @Threadhead . I'm sure you will like it here.  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lolli

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »
Hi Threadhead, welcome to TSP!  :flower:

Greybird

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »