The Sewing Place

I've finally made a start

Lowena

I've finally made a start
« on: June 11, 2018, 17:20:50 PM »
Having felt very iffy this morning ( I put it in the Today thread i think )  I decided this afternoon to go into the workshop and begin my Linus quilt ... yeah! I have cut out all the squares and hopefully before the day is out I will be able to have started the subcutting and the piecing ... ( where's the excited smiley @Francesca @Acorn  - I thought we were getting extras  -< )
My 2 colours are looking good and I know how I intend the finished blocks to look..ish  ;)
Back in there when I've watered the garden... onward and upward  <3
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:22:56 AM by Iminei »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ellabella

Re: I've finally made a start
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 17:22:45 PM »
Glad the mojo's returned.

Now I need to get my a*** in gear and join you. :S

maliw

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 17:39:14 PM »
Well you've done more than me, I haven't started, too much to do even though I thought that things had gone quiet here. I will get it done, I will get it done ---------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 19:16:07 PM »
I made a start last weekend, but you will all be finished before me, @Lowena , @Ellabella , @maliw .  I'm about to begin a maternity cover until the end of term.  Why?

(All this @ business reminds me of The Handmaid's Tale, Offred, Ofglen etc.  Is it just me?)

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
Well done Low and Im glad youre happy with your colour choices ... always the most difficult bit I think.

Now the rest of you, Please do get a wiggle on...

Deadline to get to me is for the quilts 31st July I know, but the sooner I have the quilts (or pics of the quilt if you are taking yours up to FOQ yourself, the sooner we can have our lil competition!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 17:35:25 PM »
Well done, Lowena on getting started. Sometimes life is just so hectic, it’s hard to get going. Hope you’re feeling better today. Can’t wait to see all the colour combinations once Imi has all the photos!

I have just finished a quilt for my expected grandchild ( 5.5 weeks and counting!) and was asked about 10 days ago to make one for friend of a friend. I’m not so patiently waiting for her to phone me so I know what colours, style etc, but I’m so tempted to just start something as I’ve got time just now. Also been making log cabin blocks with all my scraps ,so maybe I’ll just get on with that.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 21:03:15 PM »
Made all the blocks today and hopefully tomorrow I will assemble the quilt top. Not sure yet whether to back with fleece or sandwich as usual. I know fleece backed quilts are popular with Linus.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
That didn't take long Low!  Look forward to seeing pics!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »
Oh, @b15erk  I'm quite a whirlwind when I get going  :D I'm an "all or nothing" kinda gal  :D Off to complete the top in a minute  :angel: