The Sewing Place

McCalls 6992 x2

Ploshkin

McCalls 6992 x2
« on: June 07, 2018, 21:07:30 PM »
A nice quick make.  I made 2 of these from French Terry.  In the pictures they both have some wrinkles where the body is attached to the neckband.  They have disappeared with washing & tumble drying.  I used a bit of fusible interfacing in the neckband of the striped one as the fabric was so stretchy and it may not have been a good idea because it was difficult not to get puckers or wrinkles when I attached the neckband.  I've worn them both a lot already.  With the first one I somehow managed to cut one sleeve 3" shorter than the other so cut the other one off to make them 3/4.  I like 3/4 sleeves so did the other one the same.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

Re: McCalls 6992 x2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 21:29:57 PM »
"With the first one I somehow managed to cut one sleeve 3" shorter than the other"
Would you be interested in doing a guest slot on my sewing diary?  HaHa that's brilliant. You made me laugh!!! Good recovery.  :toast:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 22:24:15 PM »
What's even more baffling is that it was a double layer of fabric!
Life's too short for ironing.

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 22:34:01 PM »
Very nice, I like both of them. I like three-quarter sleeves too - I can't stand sleeves that flap round my hands and dip into my dinner.