The Sewing Place

needing new machine

Lizzy777

Re: needing new machine
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 23:00:48 PM »
@calico.

That sounds like a plan then :) I keep forgetting you are in N.I and it isn't that easy not having such a wide choice of suppliers there. If you think that is the machine you want, then it sounds a good deal. I like Janome too but I do like Juki as well as I have one of each make. It's always difficult when choosing a new machine isn't it?

Lizzy

calico

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 13:05:37 PM »
I find the different models confusing . I have just been told that special edition means the newest model.
On the sewing machine direct site the Janome MC8200QC has 224 stitches ,860 s.p.m. and 7 style button hole while The Janome MC8200QCP special edition  has only 170 stitches but 10 sytle buttonholes and 1000 s.p.m so it has less stitches but faster ? on there sites it says the special edition has 120 stitches or 200 stitches .

StitchinTime

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 13:43:02 PM »
I always thought that special edition meant that some extras were included with the machine .

Looking at the SMD website, the QCP machine comes with a straight stitch needle plate, an extension table, a special spool holder, an improved buttonhole foot, and a semi-rigid cover which are not included on the QC machine.

calico

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
I always thought that special edition meant that some extras were included with the machine .

Looking at the SMD website, the QCP machine comes with a straight stitch needle plate, an extension table, a special spool holder, an improved buttonhole foot, and a semi-rigid cover which are not included on the QC machine.

I think the straight stitch needle plate is standard and the extension table is the part of the machine that holds the accessories , they don`t mean the large clear extension thats available. The two machines look different on the front  . I think there must be a mistake about the number of stitches most places say 170 . I might nip up to Ballymena today or tomorrow with all this printed info I have and my list of the accessories I would like ( the single AceFeedflex walking foot ,two cone holder  ,ultra glide foot, the circular sewing attachment and maybe that very large extension  ) This is the best time to strike a deal   :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 15:06:10 PM by calico »

StitchinTime

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
Looking at the SMD website, the extra wide extension table is shown as optional extra for the 8200QC machine, but not for the 8200QCP machine, which made me think that it was included as part of the special edition.

calico

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2018, 14:11:57 PM »
Looking at the SMD website, the extra wide extension table is shown as optional extra for the 8200QC machine, but not for the 8200QCP machine, which made me think that it was included as part of the special edition.

Your perfectly right StichinTime the special edition come with the large extension table and a hard cover . I rang the shop just now and I have actually bought the machine and at  a very good price, £1240, cheaper than SMD ( which was £1389 with discount)  I also ordered the acufeed single walking foot for £26 ( the twin comes with the machine ) and a 2 spool stand for cones which attaches into the back of the machine for £40 . Thought he quoted me a bigger price for both I told him I could buy them cheaper on line and he gave me them for that price. He`s ordering the extra parts and will deliver it for me and set it up .

StitchinTime

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2018, 15:22:42 PM »
Great news, @calico. Glad you have got sorted in the end and at a good price from a local supplier.

calico

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2018, 16:28:49 PM »
Thanks to everyone for advice, opinions and suggested sewing machines. I had a god look at them all , some I`d not even heard of .