The Sewing Place

Skipping Stitches

arrow

Re: Skipping Stitches
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 22:17:30 PM »
Will it be a new Oekaki or something else? I keep looking at a red one everytime I enter a local store here. I tried the buttonholer, but I detected three preset types (if I remember correctly), they all seem to have exactly the same zigzag width? I didn't get to play around with it enough to understand all finer settings and functions though. I've seen similar buttonholer feet on Janome and Singer models the long white plastic type that measure the size of the button.  I couldn't find any width setting at all?

Acorn

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 22:30:47 PM »
He's just refunding the money - he doesn't have any more in stock.

Mine was the turquoise one, which isn't quite the same as the red one, and I didn't get around to trying out buttonholes.  There is a stitch width setting on the led display, which is very simple, it pretty much just gives the stitch number (to cross reference with a chart), the length, the width and the stitching speed.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 08:03:02 AM »
What is the difference between the red one and the one you have, I have tried to find out on line but all I could see was maybe the extension table,  I am curious will you buy another or are you going to get something else?

Lizzy777

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »
Yay!  The seller has just agreed to give me a full refund. 

I got as far as initiating the Paypal resolution, having sent the first message saying that if I didn't get a proper response quickly I was going straight for the Paypal claim.  The Paypal case will stay open until August 5th, so if he hasn't sent me the refund by then Paypal will deal with it (and him).

That's great news. Am really pleased to hear you are getting your money refunded. Good old Paypal  :)

lizzy

b15erk

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 09:10:21 AM »
Good to hear a positive result!

You can move on to the next machine now!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

annieg

Red Oekaki
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »
Francesca,
I've sent you a PM to express interest in the Oekaki...
Annieg :D

Acorn

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 16:42:25 PM »
What is the difference between the red one and the one you have, I have tried to find out on line but all I could see was maybe the extension table,  I am curious will you buy another or are you going to get something else?

I can't remember off the top of my head (I'm in a hotel room on my phone, so I can't look it up easily) but the specs on the Toyota Oekaki website are different.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.  I was actually looking for a simple machine with a large harp space when the Oekaki drew me in and seduced me.  It is a lovely machine and I don't rule out getting another.

Acorn

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 17:09:05 PM »
Interesting (lack of) development.

For 3 days now I've been asking him for the address he wants me to give to the courier for the return of the machine, and I'm getting no response.  I'm wondering whether he's trying to delay things beyond the limit for the PayPal claim.

It won't work if he is because I know exactly when the deadline is and I certainly won't let it pass.  In fact, as I told him I would arrange for it to be collected from me next Monday, if I  haven't got an address by then I'll hand it over to PayPal rather than waiting any longer.

Lizzy777

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 18:15:36 PM »
That doesn't sound too good does it? Can you not just make it a full complaint and get Paypal to deal with it now?

If he won't give you an address then let Paypal take over and deal with him direct. I mean how can you send the sewing machine to PayPal? Have they agreed this? I wouldn't deal direct with him now.  I would go back to PayPal?

I've forgotten the procedure but am going to have a look at it now. I am so sorry you are experiencing this problem. It is stressful and thats not what anybody needs is it.

lizzy

Acorn

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 19:30:26 PM »
Well, I have the address and I have booked a collection with Hermes for tomorrow (including insurance).  I have taken photographs of the machine from all angles, showing that it is in perfect condition cosmetically, and of the bits and pieces that have gone into the box, showing that they are all there.

I told the seller that I would take the photographs ('in case anything happens to it in transit') so he knows he can't claim I've returned anything other than everything that I was sent.

He should get it within 3 working days (my experience is that Hermes deliveries are faster than that, but 3 days is their stated aim), so I will start looking for the money on Thursday.  If I haven't had it by the end of the month I will escalate it with Paypal.

I think I have all bases covered!

Lizzy777

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
That's great to hear Acorn.  Fingers crossed he does the decent thing and just gives you a full refund
without anymore hassle, as you have had enough grief with this already. Thank you for giving an update. :)

lizzy

Acorn

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 19:04:20 PM »
Well, the seller signed for the machine at lunchtime last Friday, but I haven't had my refund.  I contacted him yesterday but have had no reply, so I have escalated the claim with Paypal.

I was concerned that the seller, having possession of the machine and the money, was trying to delay things until next Monday, when the Paypal case would be closed and could not be re-opened.

I don't think there is much question about what Paypal will do - they have a record of him offering me a full refund, and I have proof via Hermes that he has received the machine.  I just hope they don't take the 30 days that they say is typical!

Celia

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 20:12:14 PM »
I hope you get your refund soon it’s horrible having these sort of things hanging over your head

Acorn

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »
I have the refund.   :)

Sandra

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 13:02:50 PM »
I'm so pleased everything has been sorted now.  It's been such a disappointment, worry, and a load of hassle and faff for you.

Sandra.
xxx