The Sewing Place

Recently finished items

Mama likes to make

Recently finished items
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:21:54 AM »
I don't see a thread for these so hoping it is ok to start one.

I'm wearing a recently finished jumper today. It's knit with wollmeise yarn and is a pattern called dusty road by Carol Feller.

What has everyone else been making?
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Ploshkin

Re: Recently finished items
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »
I like the textured bit on your sleeves - makes the knitting more interesting too.
I've just finished off my second pair of socks which had sat there for a month waiting to have the last 8 stitches grafted and ends sewn in.  It took me all of 10 minutes!
I wanted them out of the way to start on a new sweater but it will be a while before it is a finished article.  I might post a pic of progress as its my first ever sweater knitted in the round using cables.
Life's too short for ironing.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
The lace panel goes down both sides as well I must try and take some pictures of it on me.

Do share I would love to see them. I have another one one the needles a more simple pattern but with stripes as part of a KAL with a local shop.
2018 fabric used 12m.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
I love your sweater MltM.  The lacy patterns are lovely.  What pattern did you use?

I've still not finished my Easter Peter Rabbits yet - got sidetracked when I sewed the first one back to front!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
It's by an Irish designer called Carol Feller and it's called Dusty Road. Its actually a pretty easy lace pattern to get into he swing of so I really enjoyed knitting it.
2018 fabric used 12m.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
Off to look for it now MltM!  Thank you! :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 16:17:10 PM »
Nice pattern and love the colour. Did it take long to knit?
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Mama likes to make

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 16:19:55 PM »
I cast it on the day before Christmas Eve but that is no reflection on how long it takes more how easily I get distracted  0_0
2018 fabric used 12m.

Tawny75

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »
A blanket for my daughter to take to university with her when she deserts me in September.  She calls it her Joseph blanket.

crooknees

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 15:46:30 PM »
Lovely colours. Your daughter will probably spend a lot of time thinking of you, while hugging her precious blankey.

Ploshkin

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 16:13:40 PM »
Good grief, that's a lot of crochet.  It must have taken ages.
Life's too short for ironing.

Tawny75

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 15:35:23 PM »
Lovely colours. Your daughter will probably spend a lot of time thinking of you, while hugging her precious blankey.
I do hope so, I am not coping well with the idea of her going at all.  I know she will have a fabulous time doing what she loves, but I shall miss her dreadfully.

Good grief, that's a lot of crochet.  It must have taken ages.
It too me a little over 2 months off and on in the evenings.  Once I got the pattern in my head I was fine and could lose myself in it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 15:37:12 PM by Tawny75 »

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 16:15:56 PM »
Aww Tawny that's lovely - story and blanket. She will be back you know and you can visit.
I made a tartan bubble skirt for my daughter when she first went to uni and I made a knockoff Alexander McQueen dress for her graduation. That won't be long in coming round, believe me!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

hernibs

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »
lovely sweater mama - will go search for her patterns - havent used that yarn but heard good reports and it looks good, love the texture.
lovely ripple blanket - ripple looks complicated but its not. I got my instructions for it from Lucy at aTTIC24 blof
sorry i am typing with one hand while i dry my hair - too many typos

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 13:13:03 PM »
Lovely blanket. She'll be home before you can miss her.... they get an awful lot of holidays  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D