The Sewing Place

Vintage..

Efemera

Vintage..
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
Popped into Coastal Vintage in Aberystwyth and found these...I collect wooden cotton reels.

b15erk

Re: Vintage..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
What a lovely haul Ephi, sometimes a little treasure is just sitting there waiting for us!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »
Wow, such a lot!  What will you do with them?

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:55:26 PM »
I’m looking for a huge glass jar of some kind ...must have about 250 now.

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 16:11:56 PM »
The dummy I would have bought in a heartbeat, I had one similar many years ago. Stupidly I loaned it to the local church for a costume display they were having, went I went to get it back it had disappeared. Lesson learnt about loaning things out no matter how good the cause.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 21:00:45 PM »
I fell heir to a bag of old habby over 30 years ago - my flatmate's mum knew I sewed and when she was clearing out a deceased friend's house she found it and passed it on.  The stuff has been in the cool and dark ever since and most of it is, somewhat surprisingly, fine, although I'm not sure all of the thread would stand up to machining.  As well as reels of thread, I got remnants of lace, linen-covered buttons still on their original cards, lisle stocking darning thread and lots of poppers with military-sounding branding.  The big reel of 1" elastic hasn't stood up well - I used it last year to make a pair of sleep shorts for DH and it barely does the job now!