The Sewing Place

Wool Warehouse

SkoutSews

Wool Warehouse
« on: June 16, 2018, 18:07:39 PM »
I'm crocheting another baby blanket (2nd grandchild due in a few months time) and had run short of wool. The original supplier had sold out and in any case doesn't specify dye lots. I have found plenty of the yarn on the Wool Warehouse site, with dye lots shown. Postage was reasonable at £2.95 for 1st class Royal Mail and the order arrived quickly. Full marks!

They carry a good haberdashery range, too.

toileandtrouble

Re: Wool Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 13:19:52 PM »
Just received an order from them.  Very nicely packed, free p&p over £25.  Love their website, great range, easy to select, out of stock colour names go red instead of black and you can ask to be notifified when back in stock.  Shade cards are colour corrected, so you know exactly what you are ordering if your monitor will do the same (not my laptop, I think, but son working in graphics can see it)
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Missie

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 14:18:20 PM »
I love Wool Warehouse and they have become my go-to woolly supplier!

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 17:39:12 PM »
I've used Wool Warehouse and found them excellent to deal with. At one stage I had so many of those bags I didn't know what to do with them all. Rather than throw them away I took them into Barnados to see if they could use them to which they nearly bit my hand off to be honest, seems they are excellent for putting Lego in

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 13:28:48 PM »
Just needed one ball more to finish GS's cardigan.  I was able to specify the same dye lot. How's that for service?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m