The Sewing Place

Do not....

Efemera

Do not....
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:46:45 AM »
Let me buy any more chiffon...I’ve no idea what possessed me to buy this...it may have
been  the colour and pattern, certainly not the fabric composition, it’s like sewing fog! The bodice is self lined.

Acorn

Re: Do not....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:52:49 AM »
The result is very nice though!  We might have to let you, I'm afraid...  :devil:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 12:54:47 PM »
That's lovely - and I did chuckle at the 'sewing fog' description.

*quickly puts pieces of chiffon to the bottom of the shelf in sewing room*

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 13:48:02 PM »
@Efemera: I hope you don't mind if I turn your image

the right way up.  You have done a lovely job with one of Satan's own fabrics, but don't buy any more. 0_0

Holly Berry

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 16:26:19 PM »
I do like it and can see why you were attracted to the fabric.
Procrastination get behind me

maliw

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 17:05:17 PM »
Well done, what a lovely outcome. Hate the stuff myself and have only used it for a couple of tops to put over a camisole to go with trousers but I won't be buying any more.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 17:05:47 PM »
Well to say you don't like the fabric it looks really good to me

annieg

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 17:20:24 PM »
Very, very impressive!!
I would happily wear that to an 89th birthday lunch in July.
What are your rental rates :D
 :woof:
Anniegg

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 17:39:48 PM »
Looks great. Chiffon is definitely not the easiest stuff to work with and takes time and patience.  But so rewarding when it's finished.

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 17:55:31 PM »
Mine would have been balled up and thrown away long before the finish line.  Can't bear working anything fiddly.

Catllar

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 19:35:07 PM »
That's lovely - well done. I had a slippery devil cut out - followed all the tips - not cut on fold, loads of pins, cut between tissue paper - still made a dog's breakfast of it  and I said to myself - Jan, why are you doing this to yourself? Couldn't think of a good answer so I chucked it.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2018, 20:42:52 PM »
Oh dear.
As a complete Learner I bought some lovely fog fabric and now that it's here I just keep looking at it and wondering....
Ooer!  :[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Manuela

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 01:49:48 AM »
@Efemera that top is absolutely beautiful, and yes, I agree, chiffon was invented by the devil. Good thing that I like somewhat structured clothes and fabrics like that just don't appeal to me.

jen

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 12:44:06 PM »
It looks lovely though. Chiffon is like childbirth. You forget the pain when temptation calls. Can’t promise to dissuade you.

Lollipop

Re: Do not....I
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 13:50:38 PM »
I know what you mean, I hate chiffon with a passion and try to avoid it in my dancewear substituting stretch mesh where possible.

I do really like your top though, the print and the style are lovely so I might have made an exception!!
Was Sewnanny