The Sewing Place

Do not....

Nevis5

Re: Do not....
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 14:13:35 PM »
Very pretty!  Have you heard about the gelatine method?  You make up a weak solution of gelatine and water and dip your misbehaving fabric in it, let it dry and then it's slightly less wriggly when you cut it out and sew.  I tried it with some slippery fine silk crepe and it worked very well.  You just rinse it out when done.

My link won't work but if you Google it, there are a couple of recipes online.  HTH.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 10:13:33 AM »
Your top looks lovely - you do forget how difficult it is to sew with, I know that from experience!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Lolli

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 15:58:51 PM »
I think that looks lovely!  :flower:

The two fabrics I decided to use when I'd literally just learnt how to use a sewing machine?......Lycra and Chiffon

Yep, I'm barmy!!!  :S

Marniesews

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 01:43:55 AM »
Chiffon is like childbirth. You forget the pain when temptation calls.
We should frame this in needlepoint!

I constantly bemoan chiffon after nightmares with ballroom skirt alterations but you're right... I've just bought some to make up the Jalie kimono pattern for me.  :o
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

crooknees

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2018, 16:48:33 PM »
I love it too. Cannot imagine trying to match those stripes though. You have a lovely top there, enjoy.