The Sewing Place

Embed or share photos into posts

Sewingsue

Re: Embed or share photos into posts
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
Your second link does, but you've just pasted the link into the message. You need to add it using the IMG tags (or click the little Mona Lisa button) when making your post.
Thank you, and apologies for the tone of my previous post - think I just woke up crotchety this morning. That and getting annoyed when my elderly brain can't get itself round technology.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 15:01:47 PM »
I have added a video showing the embedding of images into posts using Imgur. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jsRBSvF9p4

juliam

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 19:19:53 PM »
Hi,

I posted pictures in my post but just for the future what size pictures do you prefer - or, for bandwidth/server space do you prefer the imgur route please?

J
x
Nil volvpti, sine lucre
Motto of the Guild of Seamstresses, Ankh Morpork
H-V Designer Topaz 40, H-V #1+ (Orchidea), Singer 201K (1950s origin)

StitchinTime

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
I've just seen this blog post about how to link to photos from your Instagram feed and thought it might be useful for those who use Instagram and don't want to use Imgur:
http://blog.pennydog.com/2017/09/18/a-quick-tutorial-how-to-put-your-instagram-pics-on-a-blog-post/#comment-454301

Unfortunately it seems that you can't resize the photos by adding M or S to the file name as you can with Imgur (it didn'appear to work when I tried it in the preview mode), but here is an old photo from my instagram feed of the neighbour's cat helping with fabric selection at the default Instagram size.

UttaRetch

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2017, 18:54:09 PM »
I use LunaPic

and resized your 920x920 image to half it's size and grabbed an Imgur link

LunaPic doesn't keep anything on it's servers nor do you have to register.  Lovely moggie by the way.

Edited with more information.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 18:56:49 PM by UttaRetch »

StitchinTime

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 08:45:46 AM »
Thanks for the link to LunaPic. Let's see if this works - it should be a small photo of the neighbour's other cat helping me with a quilt layout.

Edited: Great, it looks as though I managed to post a suitable size photo. Now to see if it works from an iPad as that is where all my sewing photos are stored.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:50:55 AM by StitchinTime »

UttaRetch

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 15:46:37 PM »
As long as your picture file has a .jpg extension, you should be able to copy and paste into LunaPic.  Another lovely moggie by the way and you are indulgent in allowing them to sit all over your fabrics.  :D

Missie

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 08:48:45 AM »
@Curious Gem

Have a read of this!