The Sewing Place

Need to make trousers for 10yo boy. Will need your help!

Bogwoppit

Re: Need to make trousers for 10yo boy. Will need your help!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 20:45:38 PM »
Following your journey with interest. My son's friend is a big 10 year old too. Chatting to his mum she says it's getting increasingly impossible to find trousers that fit him, he doesn't like jogging bottoms at all. In the shop they suggested trying the ladies section! Mens far too long for the waist/hip size. School trousers she's still managing ok with m&s who make a larger and a slimmer kids version.

I'd love to up my skills enough to help
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.

Nicola1968

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
Another one here following with interest.  I have a 13 year old who is of "robust build".  Its more unfortunate because both of his brothers are very skinny minnies.  Along with his robust waistline he has short legs but a long rise so mens trousers fit him apart from the damn length.

On the plus side his favourite style of trousers are jogging bottoms (that's the autist for you) so, in theory, easy to make or adjust but I'm such a selfish sewer that sewing for my boys always takes a back seat  :|  I would like to get a tnt pattern for him because he'd be so much more comfortable in them.  Of course, in between starting and finishing them he'll do a growth spurt and they won't fit :D

Nik

b15erk

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 13:08:36 PM »
I'm a complete novice when it comes to making for boys, so I'll also be watching with interest.  Theo is only just 11 months, but he had a very long body, and a prominent baby tum.

The rompers fit far better than the shorts I made yesterday!  Having said that, the shorts were an Ottobre pattern, very easy, they have front and back pockets, faux fly, and back waist elastic.  I'll be making a few.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.