The Sewing Place

Refashion, Upcycle & Recycle Competition

Lachica

Re: Refashion, Upcycle & Recycle Competition
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2018, 23:01:10 PM »
@Sakar we had a week in Iceland but very bad weather so it was hard to see much. Whale watching was cancelled due to poor weather and we didn't see the Aurora. However, the cathedral, the museum, the big sphere which I can never remember the name of, the famous geysers, the geothermal power plant, and of course Ringvellir were all amazing, likewise the lava fields. The blue lagoon too, though luxuriating in the outfall from a power station doesn't sound quite right!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2018, 06:50:57 AM »
wow just wow Sakar, what an amazing job.
I've been to that beautiful church though pre digital photos so not got much evidence.

Sandra

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »
I've just had to pop on here to say well done to Sakar.

Who knew a guitar bag could be such a masterpiece?  It's wonderful.  <3  Love it.

Sandra.
xxx

annieg

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2018, 08:50:47 AM »
@Sakar  Really impressive and sew creative. 
 :D
annieg

beepbeepsew

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
@Sakar  WOW! That bag is amazing - it looks really expensive and unique, love it

Sakar

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2018, 07:46:04 AM »
 Thanks everybody :*

@Sakar we had a week in Iceland but very bad weather so it was hard to see much. Whale watching was cancelled due to poor weather and we didn't see the Aurora. However, the cathedral, the museum, the big sphere which I can never remember the name of, the famous geysers, the geothermal power plant, and of course Ringvellir were all amazing, likewise the lava fields. The blue lagoon too, though luxuriating in the outfall from a power station doesn't sound quite right!

Poor weather and Aurora? So you have been in Winter? That's something, which I want to do too. We have been in June there and it was fantastic. The big sphere.... do you mean Perlan? We have been there and the view over the city is absolutly marvellous!!! :D
But we decided to leave out the blue lagoon, but we have been in several other smaller thermal hot pots :D

wow just wow Sakar, what an amazing job.
I've been to that beautiful church though pre digital photos so not got much evidence.

Doesn't matter if digital or not, the church is great anyway ;)

@Sandra : Thank you very much!!  :*

I thought I recognised it. I've not been but I'm going in November! Amazing upcycle
You recognised it?  0_0 Then it can't be so bad  :P
Please think at me and take some pics!!! It's so impressive!!! Now, I am little bit jealous ;)

BlueCat

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
Finally managed to take some photos of my bags for this challenge (Thanks Manuela for uploading the photos)

Items going into the mix were a past-it’s-best red leather tote bag, a home made skirt (never worn), a cushion cover and an old cotton top.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

First item to emerge was a mid sized tote bag with a couple of slip pockets inside.

Second was a cross-body bag with outer zipped pocket and 2 inner slip pockets. The gold embroidery was machined on, and a handmade tassel and bag charm added.

Finally, had enough bits left to make a wallet. It has a zippered pouch for coins, slots inside for credit cards and notes, and an exterior pocket for a mobile.

The bag linings were made from the cotton top and cushion, and the zips and handles were all re-used from the original bag. The only ‘new’ things used were the magnetic snap fasteners and the butterfly ‘button’ which I already had.

So, 3 useful items which cost me nothing.  0_0
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:55:17 AM by Manuela »

Manuela

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2018, 12:01:30 PM »
Yay, 10 entries so far..... You still have time to upload your pictures and entry posts here  :)

Sakar

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:31 AM »
@BlueCat : Wonderful bags you made!!!! 0_0 Fantastic Ideas and great sewn!!  0_0

Acorn

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
They are amazing.  You wouldn't for a moment think they were home made!  And I love that butterfly button.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
@BlueCat your bags are beautiful. I can see that voting on this is going to be very difficult!

wrenkins

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2018, 11:17:32 AM »
@BlueCat your bags are beautiful. I can see that voting on this is going to be very difficult!
That's exactly what I was thinking. We're back to favourite children again aren't we.... :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Manuela

« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2018, 14:13:18 PM »

You'd better not ask me for 10 votes each  :devil:

Lachica

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2018, 15:31:32 PM »
Beautiful bags @BlueCat . It'll be hard to choose at voting time.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Sakar

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2018, 07:30:23 AM »
Oh yes, voting will be terrible!!!! -<  I hope that we get 4 votes at least  ;)

Today is the day, isn't it?