The Sewing Place

Extension Table

Seweasy

Re: Extension Table
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »
Looks wonderful...very well done to your hubby.....and to you for showing us......my hubby asked me to save the pics for ideas, without any prompting from me.....(this may mean he plans to make me something similar, however I won't hold my breath, as doing anything in a hurry, isn't my hubby strong point..... 0_0 0_0).........
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....

b15erk

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »
Hmmmm, ideas are beginning to come into my brain cell.  I have a lot of rigid plastic pieces, wondering if that would do?

Will consult with OH - he won't be able to do it, but he may know someone who can!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 10:19:01 AM »
I never use my extention tables, just don’t like them.

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 12:03:28 PM »
@Acorn genius idea, I've even been wondering if I could take the head of my industrial machine and use that as an extension for the other machines and the overlocker but then common sense kicked in, its way to heavy to be putting it on and off but now I've seen yours I'm going to have a good root round the man cave to see if there's anything I can find in there he could use to make me something similar, I don't quilt but I like a good flat area to work on. I'm fairly sure there's a sheet off marine ply in there somewhere. Thank you so much for the idea
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:07:30 PM by Surest1tch »

annieeg

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »
@Acorn
That is lovely - Your OH could make a fortune selling those ...
 :loveit:

Penabby

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »
That's fabulous  :loveit:
The mind is everything, what you think you become - Buddha.

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 12:46:34 PM »
Mr Acorn has just insisted that I put on record that the table slopes ever so slightly - you can't tell from looking at it - because the front and back of the machine bed are not quite the same level, and his table runs smoothly across the joins.  I hope that makes sense!   

He did this by angling the base of the legs very, very slightly.

It may not be necessary on other machines, if the machine bed is level (mine is a Husqvarna Viking Topaz 25, for the record.)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 17:40:12 PM »
Whoo hooo, he played hell when I entered his sacred man cave so I played hell back  :devil:, long story short he's now promised to make me one under the threat of "I'll make it myself if you don't". It's raining and a bit chilly here today so we'll see what tomorrow brings shall we  :devil: :devil: :devil: