The Sewing Place

Bernina is a favorite but....

arrow

Bernina is a favorite but....
« on: June 19, 2018, 23:49:56 PM »
I was wondering if there was a bobbin case for the older models made for thicker threads. I came across this offer, I know the genuine thing is a bit more expensive, but isn't £62.50 for a bobbin case a bit expensive? I was expecting something like £25.

Marniesews

Re: Bernina is a favorite but....
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:26:33 AM »
That's the price of a new one and a standard one is around £50. I found 3 other well known dealers selling the black latch case - all at exactly the same price. Bear in mind they charge £99 for a walking foot!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »
I like the idea, but not the price!  I don't use my Bernina 730 a great deal, so when it came to needing extra feet, I bought an adapter, so that I could use clip on feet, instead of Bernina feet.  To date I haven't needed to use it.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

arrow

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 14:22:12 PM »
It looks like I just have to pay. I have a good selection of feet for the old 730, I don't miss any at the moment. I go bargain hunting on the web for special feet, with a bit of time and patience they usually turn up. This bobbin case isn't very common at all.

annieg

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 07:58:18 AM »
Went to my first quilting class yesterday (tutor was Louise Bell) and she used an old Bernina record and said Bernina was the best machine!
  :woof:
Anniegg

PS Do you buy the foot adaptor from Bernina direct?

arrow

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 12:07:24 PM »
I had a clip on set with a foot adaptor, the adaptor part worked, but the clip on thing was a bit flimsy and I liked the indivial solid feet better. It wasn't original Bernina brand, but it sort of worked. I guess there are better once available. Berninas are usually well equipped with feet, I only add the single accessory on occation. Actuall only once not counting the now discarded snap on set. I haven't ordered the bobbin case yet.