Lowena

Re: Fancy Forest
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 21:39:38 PM »
Thanks Rubes  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

supergran

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 22:42:41 PM »
It's lovely Lowena. Looks like you got your mojo back. Isn't it great when that happens?  :D

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »
Thanks @supergran it certainly is  :)

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 14:34:09 PM »
I have now done 8 of the 14 blocks needed for the next quadrant of my quilt....and........I'm flagging a bit  :|
I would dearly love some other Darksiders to join in and start to make this quilt and then we could have a moan together about Elizabeth Hartman and her bl***y diagonal seams  :S
Seriously, it's a really good project ... so good I'm looking forward to doing the Ocean and Desert ones......... eventually  :ninja:

Ploshkin

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 14:46:42 PM »
we could have a moan together about Elizabeth Hartman and her bl***y diagonal seams  :S
Doing last year's BOM s was a good exercise because it made me realise that I'm not a huge fan of diagonal seams.  I wouldn't avoid them bit I would steer clear of something that was triangle heavy.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 15:50:48 PM »
These are not triangles @Ploshkin  but like the Flying Geese block where you put one shape on top of another, sew diagonally and then cut off the excess bits of fabric......about 80% of each block is made up of such joins  -<

Sheilago

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 23:14:26 PM »
That is beautiful! I’ve seen that pattern and saved it to my Pinterest, but I’m too mean to buy patterns 0_0, I’m afraid. I just save them for future inspiration. It does look very tricky, so well done!