The Sewing Place

What's th@ all about.

Acorn

Re: What's @ all about.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 10:21:43 AM »
@crafter  If you want to use it, type @ and a few letters of the name, then wait for a list of names to appear and choose the right one.  It can be a bit slow, but it doesn't work if you just type it all out rather than clicking on the name.

The person will get an alert - look at where it says 'Profile' in the top bar, with a number after it, click on it and go to 'mentions'.  If you have it set in your profile it will also send you an email (subject to all the vagaries of forum emails these days).

[Cross-posted with everyone...]
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

crafter

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
@Renegade Sewist thanks, hoping this works.

crafter

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 10:24:57 AM »
Thank you @wrenkins and @Acorn, you wont be able to stop me using it now. :)

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 10:28:35 AM »
You're welcome @crafter  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Seweasy

Re: What's th@ all about.
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 10:52:19 AM »
I didnt realise what the @ was either, however I have received emails notifying me, Id been mentioned in posts and simply clicked on the link, thinking it was automatic reponse as Id posted in that thread...now I know what it really is, it does kinda fill me with a little glow of niceness and happiness to think someone has specifically thought of me...will use this myself too, now I know what it is.... :)
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....

Pearl

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 18:05:43 PM »
It's great when there is a birthday thread for a member who hasn't been around for a while.  Someone, usually @Fajita , will reference them and then they will be notified that they have been mentioned on TSP. 

rubywishes

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2018, 00:24:48 AM »
Nope, doesn't work at all for me. :'( :angry:

Edit....woops...yes it did afterall  :) :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 00:28:09 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

ambro0

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2018, 23:37:17 PM »
@rubywishes - it works for me too!!

Now that I've got your attention, can I please ask you a question about fabric shops in Melbourne? I will be there for a couple of days in mid-July, staying in the city. Is there anywhere that I absolutely must go to check out fabric? I hope to pop into Lu'Cello too (I can never remember how to spell it). I hope the weather warms up a bit for us.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday - warm and sunny here on the coast in Central Queensland.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 23:40:46 PM by ambro0 »
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU

misschris

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 13:03:08 PM »
@ambro0 , not rubywishes but another Melbournite.  Tessuti is on Flinders Lane near Russell St in the city. Take a short tram ride on the 96 (East Brunswick) tram from Bourke St to The Fabric Store in Brunswick St Fitzroy.  If you're looking for less expensive,  there are multiple shops slightly further out -  approx 30 mins travel.

PollyWally

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 00:32:53 AM »
Also another Melbournite. If you get as far as The Fabric Store it is worth going a few shops further to Clear It. It has some fabrics upstairs which are left overs from clothing manufacturers. Occasionally there are some nice fabrics at reasonable prices.

ambro0

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 21:45:34 PM »
Thank you @misschris and @PollyWally for your responses regarding fabric shops in Melbourne. I will do my best to get to these.
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU