The Sewing Place

Sleeves!

jen

Sleeves!
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:10:14 AM »
Before falling down stairs, before Christmas, before London, I made a dress for one daughter which had detachable sleeves. Wanna see it?   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  zillion more photos on blog, won't use up forum space bunging them in here.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Sleeves!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
Looks interesting, what's your blog?  Linky please?

jen

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
Patternpandemonium.wordpress.com

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 12:19:43 PM »
That's fascinating  @jen  .  When I saw it I thought. 'ooh I wonder if Rhonda has this on her site'.   :)
Love the feathery detail.  Sometimes you just have to forgo the perfectly finished look in favour of design detail.
Just got lost in your blog.  Very interesting.  Bookmarked now for future stalking.  :)
I was interested to read about your sewing room.  Mine is always in a mess and I have self drafted patterns laying around because I'm eager to get on with something rather than tidy up.  Every so often I have a tidy up and swear I won't let it get that bad again.

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 13:48:56 PM »
That's really clever! A girlfriend of mine did that on one of her flamenco going-out dresses, but yours os far more delicate. Love it.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

jen

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 14:12:34 PM »
I’m afraid my sewing room is reverting to type at the moment. Knee deep in places.