The Sewing Place

Bernina Foot 72 and Rulers

annieg

Bernina Foot 72 and Rulers
« on: June 24, 2018, 15:36:31 PM »
Is anyone familiar with the Bernina Foot 72 (to use with quilting rulers) ?
Can it be used on a Bernina Record 930e?

:woof:
anniegg

Elnnina

Re: Bernina Foot 72 and Rulers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 18:12:50 PM »
annieg, why not make contact with Hannah Blackbourne at Bernina (hblackbourne@bogod.com) she is in the office on a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday only.

I made contact with her about this foot and the ruler set before Christmas as I wanted to know whether I could use this for stitching on my Artista and on single thickness fabric as opposed to using it for quilting.  I am afraid I  was rather  taken aback by the overall cost – but then there is always Christmas and birthday presents – so I may be lucky if I ask for this.

Hope you get the answer you want.

annieg

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 18:41:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion Elninna and I will definitely try and contact Hannah. :D
Annieegg (who LLOVES dogs,

supergran

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 22:33:04 PM »
Failing that, you could try emailing Katherine at Quilt Direct. They are very quick at answering, often even at night and they are very helpful. I got my 72 foot from them, but I'm sorry I don't know if it will fit your machine.

annieg

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I have decided to buy a kit from Parr's Rulers who promise me one of their foot and ruler kits will work on the Record 930.
A mat, foot and 2 x rulers comes out to £84 (inc postage) which is cheaper than the Bernina foot 72.
I thought it was worth a try as, presumably, if the foot is not compatible I can send it back and get a refund.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Annieg

Kad

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:19:31 PM »
Just be aware that the Parrs foot is not the same width as other ruler feet available. By that I mean that my janome ruler foot will not fit into a Parrs ruler.
The janome ruler foot allows me to sew 1/4" away from the edge of the ruler - typically the gap used for echo quilting - I believe that this is not the same as with Parrs.

I only know this as I mentioned that I had the janome ruler foot when attempting to by a couple of Parrs rulers at the NEC last year, and the chap said that it wouldn't work.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.