The Sewing Place

Sewing for refugee children

Marniesews

Sewing for refugee children
« on: June 24, 2018, 21:04:15 PM »
I don't have a great deal of time but I was wondering how on earth I would make inroads into my stash and then quite fortuitously saw this Facebook group aimed at sewing for refugee children.

It certainly appeals to me and there's no specific commitment to sew set amounts so I'm going to see what I can manage for their current collection which will go to Turkey for Syrian children there. If anyone is interested in this, the name of the closed group is "Sewing for the children".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 21:19:20 PM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Marniesews

Re: Sewing for refugee children
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 21:27:06 PM »
I posted this is the café being unable to see an appropriate place and then, having posted it of course, realised it should be in 'I saw this and thought you might be interested'.

Hopefully someone appropriate skilled with the permissions will do so for me. Thank you.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »
I love this idea MS, unfortunately I have little time.

I'll certainly have a look at the website. 

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 17:04:21 PM »
I'm lucky that I took early retirement some years ago. I needed some purpose in my life after work so I started sewing for groups like this one. There are many of them around - so many needy people - and the sewing is easy. I've been working through my stash quite well, and it's extremely rewarding. I make dresses, tops, shorts, trousers - pretty much everything you can think of, mostly for children, which can be quite fun. It's especially simple because there's no fitting involved. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath