The Sewing Place

How I see myself.

Catllar

How I see myself.
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »
So I'm churning out these dresses and one of the ladies is, erm, larger than the average in the group  - she told me she does a lot of sewing.

Up till now all the  :frock: or  :shirt: I've made for this group have been pretty flexible on fitting, but this year we are doing the princess line fitted style. I didn't have a pattern for that in her size, so I thought - Ahah, Francoise will have pattern of her own I can borrow.

" Fran, do you have a princess line  :shirt: adjusted to your size please, save me making another  pattern," say I.

" I'll bring in what I've got" , say she.

On Saturday she fetched in what she had - I kid you  not, they were Barbie doll dress patterns! Bless her. She said she thought I could adjust that ( Saint Jan the miracle worker!) So guess what I was doing last night?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

b15erk

Re: How I see myself.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 13:02:54 PM »
Oh no! I need a 'shaking my head in amazement' smiley!

Is she going to help?  Being as she does a lot of sewing, maybe she would like to help sew some of your metres and metres of flounces..... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 13:07:48 PM »
No I think not - I'm best left alone.

Maximum

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 13:17:09 PM »
Oh, Catllar how did you keep a straight face?!! -<

Catllar

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 18:35:19 PM »
I was caught between laughing 0_0 and wonderment  (what emoji do I use here??)- laughing because  like, what planet was she living on and wonderment that she thinks I'm that good I can size up a Barby pattern to a size 48!