The Sewing Place

FOQ So who's going when?

maliw

FOQ So who's going when?
« on: June 25, 2018, 20:16:47 PM »
I just wondered who will be around and when. I'm hoping to go on the Thursday with a sewing friend. That is the best day for us especially as the M6 turns into a car park on Friday afternoon so getting home would be a nightmare and weekends aren't good for either of us.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

mammafairy

Re: FOQ So who's going when?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 20:35:31 PM »
I shall be attending Friday and Saturday, with a group from Germany..

Sandra

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 20:52:23 PM »
If I go this year it will be on the Thursday.

I'm undecided as to whether I fancy attending on my own. I've always gone to the show with my daughter and she's almost certainly not going to be able to come with me this time. I've always enjoyed us having our day out together and it won't be the same without her.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 08:33:17 AM »
I'll be there for the duration and look forward to meeting up with any TSP'ers who wish to  ....

Im planning on taking some time out from the show around midday everyday and camping out in the Gallery Space above the foyer area .....
its quiet, cool, has seating and is accessed by either lift and stairs and has a lil used loo! I'l be there for an hour or so and if you fancy meeting up that's the place to go.

Those of you who have already ordered tickets should find that they will be arriving pretty soon,
but I have more tickets at the discounted price so if you fancy coming along to see what all the fuss is about, let me know... Last orders taken the week before the show.

Lowena ...(yes really) will be there Thursday and Friday,
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 10:03:01 AM »
Certainly will and look forward to seeing peeps  :drink:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

beepbeepsew

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
I am semi-planning to be there on the Sunday.  I went for the first time last year but went on my own because my mum was busy that day and it was a last minute thing - I kept looking at instagram feeling like I was missing out so I headed over there on the last day.

I will be going alone this year too so it depends mostly on how many pennies I can scrape together and I will probably be lurking on instagram to see whats going on before I decide for sure :)

twopence

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
I’ll be there on Thursday and Friday with my older daughter.  I’m getting my list together of what I need, as opposed to want, to buy.

Kitten

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 14:03:46 PM »
I'll be there on Thursday with a friend.  Train due in around 11 so still plenty of time to see everything.  Can't wait.

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 17:28:01 PM »
@Sandra  I much prefer to attend such occasions on my own. You're not beholden to anyone else's whims.  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 17:28:50 PM »
I've applied to be a steward on Thursday and Friday but have not heard when/if I'll be required. I'm also going on Saturday hopefully with a friend, but if not, I'll use her ticket on Sunday.   :) :) :)  Looking forward to meeting up with Peeps.

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 17:49:09 PM »
@Sandra  I much prefer to attend such occasions on my own. You're not beholden to anyone else's whims.  :D

I agree @Lowena Nobody tutting about how long you're taking or questioning if you really need to spend £xx on something.

I'm very happy going it alone but this has always been an event for me and my girl.
I attend concerts and shows on my own, and I still can't quite believe I did it, but a few years ago I was brave enough to go to London for the day. That was quite an achievement for me. It gave me the confidence to know I'd be O.K to take either of the children on a similar trip. I later took my daughter on a trip to see the Wedding dresses on display at the V&A, the London Eye and the butterfly house at the Natural History Museum.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 13:48:47 PM »
I'll be there on Thursday and Friday. I've booked the train ticket to get there and a hotel; the train ticket back is a standard price and can be booked nearer the time.

I'm another one who prefers to browse alone, though meeting up does allow the chance to compare purchases and get some shopping tips.

I've been looking at the show brochure for potential exhibitors - it gives some interesting demographic data. Apparently 99% of attendees are female, the average age is 58 and the average spend is £182.74.

Sandra

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 14:08:32 PM »
the average age is 58

I attended 2 or 3 years ago with my daughter, and was asked by an official show photographer if we'd mind being photographed. He said he wanted some pictures of people 'under 40'  0_0
In actual fact, I was 48 (or 49?) at the time.
I'm not aware of the picture appearing anywhere though.

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 14:35:06 PM »
This is the image they are using to promote ticket sales on social media.

She may be younger than the average demographic but she doesn't look very inspired by the quilts.

Sandra

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 16:31:12 PM »
She doesn't look very interested, does she?

My picture would have been much better.  :P  I lifted my arm and pointed as I said to my daughter how much I liked one particular quilt...then the photographer clicked.

*tuts*

Sandra.
xxx