The Sewing Place

No Bugs Are Getting Me!

b15erk

Re: No Bugs Are Getting Me!
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 13:28:15 PM »
 :D :D :D

I'm now wondering whether it was the bat or the OH that was terrified.

Both probably!!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 15:40:53 PM »
I had a bat come visit from my roof space. I put it in a shoe box and released it in the garden at dead of night.  :ninja:
Because I now have a pond outside the sunroom we get visited by damsel flies, dragon flies, big things, wee things... So far no newts or frogs but it's just a matter of time.
My big rufty tufty husband was terrified of moths.  :o It cracked me up because he would pull the duvet over his head, scream like a girl and stay there till I gave the all clear. Nobody who knew him would believe me.  0_0  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sheilago

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 21:59:04 PM »
We rarely need to have the windows open here, but in the last week I’ve had doors open and windows wide open with the blinds down to keep the sun out, just like you do on holiday in Europe! So far I haven’t been troubled  by insects, but I was bitten on the elbow by a spider ( I think) a few years ago and it needed antibiotics to sort it out: the swelling lasted months, so I hope I’m not inviting them in through my open windows.
I did have a sparrowhawk fly into my conservatory through an open door, but luckily caught it in a towel and released it unharmed. Just had time to grab a quick photo of it on my phone and was pleased it turned out so well!

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 08:47:35 AM »
Wow! Fab picture @Sheilago. My OH has a sparrowhawk visiting his garden and it has decimated the small bird population. We think a juvenile visited last week because it came and landed on the clothes pole and didn't seem very sure what to do next!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 09:03:23 AM »
Okay, Okay Im surprised more peeps haven't started this off ....

But I will ...

Head over here
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again