The Sewing Place

It’s bust!

Efemera

It’s bust!
« on: July 03, 2018, 20:25:22 PM »
Again...the tension on my Pfaff Expression 4 has never been right from day one...it’s been fixed twice and the damn thing has gone again!...it’s the only machine I have that does buttonholes. I do have a buttonhole attachment for the Singer 201, might have to give that a go.

ClareInStitches

Re: It’s bust!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 21:11:12 PM »
Oh, goodness  >:)  Sending you sympathy. Not being able to rely on your machine is totally  :angry:

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 21:13:51 PM »
Effie,  do give the but attachment a go, they really do make the best bholes.

Take a little time to do some practice ones, and make sure you give the attachment a drop of oil before you use it -it runs much smoother.

You will have lovely buttonholes.

Jessie

Eta my Pfaff  doesn't do good bholes either!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 21:20:12 PM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 22:07:35 PM »
The Pfaff does lovely buttonholes, it’s the tension unit that’s gone. Apparently there was a batch when that model came out that had tension issues.....of course I had to get one of the duff ones. It may be time for a new machine but I wouldn’t know what to get. I’ve always had Pfaff, I love the IDT function.

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 22:17:17 PM »
I have to agree Eff, they are excellent  machines - I dread mine getting poorly. Hope you manage to get the tension unit fixed. The IDT is wonderful isn't it?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

arrow

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 18:14:25 PM »
Is the IDT much different from the built-in upper feed / dual feed other brands have? I'm generally thinking of them as equvalents for the same purpose. At least Bernina, Janome and Pfaff has this, some Elna top models too. It's too expensive to buy a new Expression everytime the tension goes.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 19:57:45 PM »
Is the IDT much different from the built-in upper feed / dual feed other brands have? I
It's the same in principle but there's a considerable difference in the price. Pfaff have it as standard on almost all of their machines including their mechanical range but the other makes only put on the expensive models.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.