The Sewing Place

"Like" posts has arrived

Francesca

Re: "Like" posts has arrived
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2019, 21:33:41 PM »
Now you've gone and made me think. What happens if someone were to thumbs down someone? Would it take Kharma points away???  :'(

I always forget about the thumbs.....

Yes, thumbs down will make the karma amount go down (the little number next to the heart).

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2019, 21:36:40 PM »
 :'(  :'(  :'(  :gin:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Marniesews

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2019, 23:31:49 PM »
I've been living in total ignorance of the thumbs! Still am, can't see any anywhere on my phone or laptop. Please tell.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

fajita

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2019, 23:35:31 PM »
@Marniesews

When I look at your post I see first your name, below that Bedfordshire, below that buttons, below that numbers, below that more numbers and below that the thumbs icons.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:40 AM »
I had no idea that the thumbs were functional, I've been 'liking' like billy-o. So that answers my question as to what the karma was all about. Also, recently discovered that the message icon can be changed so I like that too.
I think newbie's could do with an instruction sheet when they join  :S
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Marniesews

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2019, 09:03:31 AM »
Thank you for the description @fajita - just what I needed to reassure me I wasn't going bonkers. Definitely not there in my view.

I tend to use my laptop more for TSP so as I recall I set a layout that suited my laptop view so perhaps it's  not in that one for some reason.  Probably a tech question for @Francesca
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2019, 09:21:50 AM »
Great information girls!  I'm another who has only been using the like button.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2019, 09:34:52 AM »
That explains why I knew nothing about thumbs - they don't appear on my Kindle screen layout.  I'm glad it's not me being dull.
Life's too short for ironing.

Greybird

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2019, 09:36:26 AM »
I had seen them but had no idea what they were for.

Lowena

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2019, 09:54:35 AM »
They are deffo there on a desktop computer , but you can't add to your own Karma  :D Just like you can't "like" your own posts  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
The 'Yay Nay' that appears in the screenshot above is the thumbs - images aren't being shown, so the text equivalent is there.  Do they function if you click on them?  (If choosing someone at random to click on, please go for Yay and not Nay!!!)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Francesca

« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »
We don't support the alternative theme @Marniesews , you don't appear to be using our standard theme. It's unfortunately too much work for us to manage two different themes so some things will be broken if you choose to use the alt theme.

Marniesews

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2019, 13:58:16 PM »
That's not a problem for me Francesca but thank you for the explanation.  :)

I've not really noticed any other issues that I can think of that could relate to the theme so I'll continue for now as I much prefer the denser text display.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2019, 04:23:50 AM »
I had no idea that the thumbs were functional, I've been 'liking' like billy-o. So that answers my question as to what the karma was all about. Also, recently discovered that the message icon can be changed so I like that too.
I think newbie's could do with an instruction sheet when they join  :S

I didn't know I could change the icon for the message. So I just did!  :)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.