Re: "Like" posts has arrived
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2017, 17:05:45 PM »
Thanks Fran  :) Your'e a star!  :flower:
Willing but not always able :)

Lantana

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2017, 14:52:37 PM »
Hi Fran,

I know you are busy ....get that tester pattern finished first! .... but just a gentle reminder that some of us still haven't got our 'like' button.

NB This is not a nag but just in case you had forgotten! :)

L :vintage:

Francesca

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2017, 14:56:39 PM »
It's on the list I posted here of things that will be done this weekend: http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,1007.msg13853.html#msg13853

Lantana

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2017, 15:06:06 PM »
Ah thanks Fran I hadn't read about the blurred avatar problems! All the same your w/e is precious so get your own stuff done first ... I was only concerned that you may have forgotten altogether (as if you would sorreeee didn't mean to sound impatient!)

:vintage:

Francesca

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 15:08:04 PM »
Yep, no worries! I try to keep bugs and bigger tasks for the forum to the weekends only, because after an 8hr day writing code my brain is so tangled that I often struggle to work even for another hour in the evening and make silly mistakes and such. So my brain is much fresher on a weekend!

Lilian

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 21:09:17 PM »
I'm sure you know what the problem is with the "Like" button.  Just to let you know that I have just tried logging in via Chrome browser and the "Like" button works!   It is not my favourite browser but at least the "Like" button works on it.  :)

I prefer Mozilla Firefox.  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

b15erk

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »
Lilian, I use Firefox too, and the Hard Refresh worked for me.  It only took a minute, and I haven't had any further problems with it.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just to let you know although I have fixed the issue, I can't upload the fix because my hosting password ain't working! So I'm currently awaiting Mr.Im looking into reseting my password. Will update you soon!

Scratch that I was able to update through forum software.

Please perform a hard refresh if your button isn't pink.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:30:52 AM by Francesca »

UttaRetch

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »
The like button is now working again, yay.

Lantana

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 16:56:30 PM »
Thanks Fran ... well done! YIPPEE!

Lantana  :vintage:

UttaRetch

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 17:05:30 PM »
And the lovely pink filler background is back - I couldn't see it earlier.

BrendaP

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 17:07:50 PM »
Yes!  The pink like button is now working with Firefox 0_0  Thank you Fran.

For a while I was using Safari for TSP, but I much prefer FF.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 21:07:05 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

UttaRetch

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2017, 17:14:59 PM »
I ditched Safari years' ago, but I really miss the 'snapback' feature.  Firefox has an active third party development community and my browsing experience is so much better.

Lantana

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 19:16:53 PM »
Firefox has an active third party development community and my browsing experience is so much better.

Not sure I fully understand what that means UR but I'm going to memorise it so that the next time I get a comment as to why I'm using Firefox I can trot it out as it sounds so intelligent!

The real reason is of course that I hate it when things are different on the computer it's bad enough getting used to my new one which does still have windows ten and firefox but it's all different somehow!

I'd managed to get my like button pink ages ago but it had just not worked ... really delighted to have it back :)

L :vintage:

UttaRetch

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 19:48:39 PM »
My screen set up is

and is so much kinder on my eyes than the acres of blinding white backgroud, and is made possible by an add-on.  It is not possible to do much tweaking in Safari and the glaring whiteness of the browser was the reason why I gave up on it.