The Sewing Place

Colette ‘Wren’ Dress

Ravingdoll

Colette ‘Wren’ Dress
« on: July 07, 2018, 21:09:26 PM »
Despite being rather busy of late I have managed to make this dress.  It’s a Liberty stretch fabric so I wasn’t sure if I was mad or brave going straight to fabric for a dress I’d never made before given that it wasn’t particularly cheap.  However it fits well, and although I thought I might need a camisole underneath for modesty (I often sow a bit more than intended in this style dress!) I don’t need to, it fits well.  I had previously made the Moneta dress (twice) and reviewers suggested that the sizing was very similar so I went for it! 

Tamnymore

Re: Colette ‘Wren’ Dress
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 21:15:11 PM »
Looks really nice @Ravingdoll and that's lovely fabric. All Liberty fabrics are great and the jersey is particularly attractive.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 21:46:11 PM »
Looks lovely, @Ravingdoll !  I like wrap dresses but not on me  :S

Ravingdoll

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 21:59:52 PM »
It is a ‘faux’ wrap dress @Nevis5.  It’s the only type that works on me.  I live on the Exeter quayside so it can get pretty windy!!   

Manuela

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 00:25:00 AM »
Looks lovely, @Ravingdoll !  I like wrap dresses but not on me  :S

Same here, I tried hard and made a few, only to realise that they don't look good on my short waisted torso. yours @Ravingdoll looks great.

Nevis5

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 08:10:32 AM »
I agree @Manuela . I’ m short waisted and enormously bosomy so wraps are hopeless on my shape. I can never work out whether the wrap should go across, under or over the boob, does anyone know?

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 09:06:17 AM »
I agree @Manuela . I’ m short waisted and enormously bosomy so wraps are hopeless on my shape. I can never work out whether the wrap should go across, under or over the boob, does anyone know?
Doesn't matter where you put it...one will always look bigger.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!