The Sewing Place

Heylo! I'm Bjørn

Bjørn

Heylo! I'm Bjørn
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
Heylo!

I am Bjørn. I'm just some guy from Norway who want's to get into sewing. I'm interested in all kinds of making, having started with knitting & crochetting a few years ago, adding small woodcarving about a year ago, and now I wanna start sewing. I know, weird order, but it's the order I got into stuff & found things interesting for me to make with a skill. Plus that I live in a relatively small apartment and have no room for doing big wood- & metalworking.
Anyway, back to the sewing.
I'm a total newbie to sewing. Ok, not total, I had some hours of sewing back in school... probably 5-10 years ago. At that time it didn't interest me enough to keep at it. So now I'm here, starting over again, because I wanna get a bit into cosplaying, and because I have never been able to find pants that fit me as well as I'd like them to.

So ya... that's me. Dunno what more to write :D
If you have questions, ask. Whatever it may be :D

Looking forward to learn lots about sewing here, and probably also share some finished stuff with all of you :)

Thanks for reading

Oh and thanks to Iminei for accepting me into here :)
"What you can build with your two hands, no man can take away from you"

Acorn

Re: Heylo! I'm Bjørn
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 10:35:37 AM »
Hello Bjørn and welcome!

I think that creative people always find some outlet - if there isn't room for one craft, there will be something else!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »
Welcome Bjørn, hope you find lots of interest here. What sort of sewing machine do you have? Enjoy having a look around.
Still learning

fajita

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 10:59:34 AM »
Welcome, @Bjørn  :drink:

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »
Hei again Bjørn, just seen your post about vintage machines, I am sure you will get lots of advice from the experts here.
Still learning

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
Hello there Bjorn!  Welcome from me too!

Great to have yet another new member.  What kind of sewing will you be doing?  Clothes, furnishing, patchwork and quilting?

Lots of information to be had here!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »
Hi Bjorn, welcome from me too  :drink:

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 13:46:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Keep posting about the old  :vintage:  :vintage: machines.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Manuela

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 13:51:15 PM »
Welcome to The Sewing Place @Bjørn - hope looking forward to see your cosplay adventures.

Kenora

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 14:11:26 PM »
Welcome from me too - I'm sure you'll gain so much sewing knowledge on here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Will look forward to seeing what you make.  :shirt: :vintage:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 15:14:04 PM »
Hi @Bjørn  .. Errmm you didnt dabble in music in the 70's and '80's did you ?????  0_0

Now wouldn't that be a scoop for TSP ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bjørn

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 15:32:28 PM »
oh wow. Thanks for the warm Welcome :loveit:

oh yes @Acorn , always some creative outlet, it's great there are so many to choose from :D

As you already seen @Silver Rose , I don't have any machine yet, but I hope that changes soon. Will keep you all updated on what I get in the end tho, either here or in the other thread.

Yeah @b15erk , probably all of those, can't say for sure yet, will have to see what future ideas I get :D

looking forward to being able to share them @Manuela

I was born after '90, so I don't think that's me your thinking about @Iminei :D but since I'm also an avid lover of music, who are you thinking about exactly?
"What you can build with your two hands, no man can take away from you"

maliw

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 20:49:54 PM »
Hello and a welcome to the forum from me too, hope you enjoy being one of us.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

LoriMae

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 01:11:01 AM »
 Hi Bjørn, welcome. I'm relatively new here too. It's a great place and very welcoming.

Lori
Lori

crafter

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 23:11:06 PM »
Hi Bjorn.  Welcome from me too.

I too love to make costumes.  Used to offer my skills to Amdram but now happy to make for my grandson who is happy in anything I make him.  Needs to be 'French' for next week.

I too have to be doing something making.  Have been a craft tutor for a few years, always one step ahead of the students though.

I always come back to sewing.  There is so much variation in what you can do.

Enjoy being here.

I was born after '90, so I don't think that's me your thinking about @Iminei :D but since I'm also an avid lover of music, who are you thinking about exactly?

Ha, ha, you have made some of us feel very old.|