The Sewing Place

What Machine should a newbie get?

arrow

Re: What Machine should a newbie get?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 01:19:24 AM »
...Well ok, I'll look into finding a LED Bulb for it, but only if I find a white one (~6000K). Don't like the yellow tint.
No worries about the light switch, it's a toggle switch, so nothing I can do wrong there. (other than maybe break of the lever :D )...

There are "crystal clear", "pure white" "white" and "warm white" version of the LED bulbs, you can hardly see the difference. I have bought "warm white" and "pure white"but they really aren't, if anything they all have an ever so slightly bluish tint. By any standard they are white. My point is, you don't need to fuzz too much at all, I suspect some sell exactly the same bulb what ever it's called. They are good though, lots of light compared to the old 15W incandescent.

The old buttonholers for your model 15 are surprisingly good. I have two, one with cams and key hole shaped holes, and one with out cams, adjustable for various sized but straight only. A good zigzagger is a must, I hope your bargain machines turn out well. I have only good experiences with Husqvarnas, and I think the one you have found have a few stretchy stitches as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:23:00 AM by arrow »