The Sewing Place

Cowl neck top

jen

Cowl neck top
« on: July 13, 2018, 06:50:32 AM »
Another from a long line of tops from the same self drafted pattern. This one's in a polka dot satin that's been in stash for a few years already.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I blogged about it here https://patternpandemonium.wordpress.com/2018/07/12/this-and-that-and-a-good-read/.
This satin was a medium heavy , probably poly, one and with the bias cut there wasn't any problems of fraying that you usually associate with a pure silk satin, so stitching it up was a breeze. I've made more of these than I can count, for myself and other family members. They're very quick to assemble, and if your fabric is at least 140 wide don't take much. What else can I say? Not the most exciting make, but soothingly simple, done in 7 steps.

Greybird

Re: Cowl neck top
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:41:08 AM »
That's lovely - you look really nice in it.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »
That's lovely Jen!  It's similar to a Vogue one I've made a couple of times.  Easy to wear and you can dress it up or down.

Love your hat - mine fell in the littlies pool at the weekend, doesn't look the same now..... :(

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
That's lovely, @jen!  Wish I could wear cowl necks but not with my bust ....  :S

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:39:44 AM »
Looks good. I like a cowl neck.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

jen

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 15:52:12 PM »
Thanks for the complements friends, sorry about the scowl, only had about two minutes of peace to bang out shots and I looked equally grim in all of them.  :D