The Sewing Place

Blue plastic sewing machine feet

Addiscomber

Blue plastic sewing machine feet
« on: July 15, 2018, 14:26:36 PM »
Does any body know which manufacturer uses/used blue plastic clip on feet? I have acquired some with some vintage feet that I bought, and would like to identify them.

Iminei

Re: Blue plastic sewing machine feet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 16:53:38 PM »
Is it like this ?

If so, its for sewing buttons on ...

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Addiscomber

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 18:40:57 PM »
No, totally blue. I will try to post a picture but have never done it before. I know the one on the right is a zipper foot which can be changed from left to right, but have no idea what the others are.

arrow

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 21:44:27 PM »
The zipper foot looks exactly like a Singer snap on foot a lot of models use, maybe #507836? I think the blue tint is something that appear now and then, not sure if it's intended. It makes it easier to see when the clear plastic is tinted, like with contact lenses. Most of the established brands have part numbers on their accessories.

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:51:28 AM »
The one next to the zipper foot looks like a flat fell foot. The left one may be a clear version of the standard foot. I think #2(from left) is an embroidery foot, if it is there will be a wide channel on the underside.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Addiscomber

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:03:43 PM »
The one next to the zipper foot looks like a flat fell foot. The left one may be a clear version of the standard foot. I think #2(from left) is an embroidery foot, if it is there will be a wide channel on the underside.

#2 (from left) does indeed have a wide channel underneath, so yes is probably an embroidery foot.

I don't think the one on the left is a standard foot. I have just realised that it has 4 grooves underneath it. Note to self: remember to look at the underneath of unknown feet.

I am hoping that they might work with my vintage Elnas as I am a bit short of feet for them. I think that I will have to take them into my (now not so local) shop next time that I can get there.

Lachica

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 19:50:38 PM »
I am hoping that they might work with my vintage Elnas as I am a bit short of feet for them. I think that I will have to take them into my (now not so local) shop next time that I can get there.

Could it be for cording? Couching?
Maybe try them out on the Elna?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

arrow

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 22:18:51 PM »
Elna feet are numbered, they might be generic feet?

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 22:31:07 PM »
The one with four grooves underneath is probably intended for pin tucks.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Addiscomber

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 16:16:00 PM »
Maybe try them out on the Elna?

Sadly I cannot try them as I don't have an ankle thingy to attach them with.

Addiscomber

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 16:17:37 PM »
Elna feet are numbered, they might be generic feet?
They could well be, as none of them have any marks or numbers at all.

Bloobell

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 11:27:30 AM »
The grooved one could be a pintuck foot, perhaps?