The Sewing Place

Software problems

Tiggy

Software problems
« on: July 15, 2018, 21:20:37 PM »
Hi, I have returned to my spiritual home (so to speak.....) and am glad to be back.

I have treated myself to a new machine.  A Pfaff Creative 4.5

I’m having problems with the software.  I’ve followed the instructions to the letter on how to download the free software, ( Premier+) but then I end up with a window asking for an activation code.  When I enter the code in the manual, it doesn’t work.

I’ve contacted the shop, and their expert will be in on Tuesday.  I wondered of anybody on here has any experience.
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE

Acorn

Re: Software problems
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 21:31:54 PM »
I had terrible trouble downloading the software for my Husqvarna Viking - which was also Premier Plus.

I, too, had to go back to the supplier, and they told me to uninstall anything I had already installed, and then follow these instructions.  They may be similar for you - I gather that Pfaff and H-V are the same company these days.

Complimentary Embroidery Plug-In For your PC or Mac

The Complimentary Plug-In allows your computer to understand embroidery designs. This means you can view your embroideries as pictures, print worksheets with colour information and convert them into different file formats (Topaz, Ruby, Diamond, Epic: VP3)

Premier+ Plug-In – For PC windows 7, 8 & 10
TruE 3 – For Macs

Follow these instructions on how to download the Plug-In onto your Computer.
Please read all relevant instructions before starting the download

1.   Go to www.husqvarnaviking.com
2.   Hover the mouse over ‘Support & Updates’ (top of the page)
3.   Click the drop down ‘Complimentary Software’
4.   Scroll down the page and click ‘Go to Complimentary Software (PC)’ for Windows computers Or ‘Go to Complimentary Software (Mac)’ For Apple Macs
5.   Log-In if you have a previous email & password or Create a log-In. Follow the steps along until you reach the download page
6.   Follow instruction below for PC or Mac

FOR PC: Install all four parts from top to bottom. In the ‘Applications’ download there are three options. Select the third option at the bottom and continue with the installation. This will include ‘QuickFonts’ in the download.
Once all part of the download is complete restart your computer.
To view your embroidery designs locate the folder they are in and change the view to icon view.
Note: Anti-virus protection and windows defender can block or hinder the download if this occurs temporarily disable it and turn back on once finished. ALSO be aware of any hidden windows working behind the installation that may need your attention.

FOR MAC: Install the following three parts from the list; ‘Software’, ‘Components’ and ‘Documentation’.
Once all parts are downloaded restart your mac.
To view your embroidery designs locate them in finder. Click to select an embroidery and press the space bar to view more information.
Note: If the mac will now allow the Plug-In to be installed go to Preferences (The icon with a cog), then Security & Privacy. Unlock the padlock. Under the heading ‘Allow applications downloaded from:’ Select the bottom option ‘Allow from all manufacturers’ then continue with the download. Restore security settings once done.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 21:48:50 PM »
If you try this link it takes you to the newest free software http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/Support/Complimentary-Software   this is the Husqvarna version but I think it will still do the job for your Pfaff as they both use the same software.
You don’t need an activation code for the free software that is the code for the purchased software, you do have to register with a password though.
Hope this helps

Tiggy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:26:58 AM »
Many thanks for the help.

I shall try that when I get back from the dentist today.  ( and my trip to Fabworks after the dentist....).  :angel:
Pfaff Creative 4.5 ,  Babylock Gloria
Janome 3800QE