The Sewing Place

Special Offers on Sewing Machines

annieg

Special Offers on Sewing Machines
« on: July 16, 2018, 14:06:58 PM »
Hi,
Is anyone aware of any special offers/promotions on sewing machines the manufacturers are offering at the moment?
I don't necessarily mean freebies - but more whether the  higher end machines have reduced the RSP to the dealers.
(For instance, Janome had a deal on the 9400 last month.)
I could try various dealers directly, but I don't necessarily trust what they tell me...
Thanks in advance.
Annieg

maliw

Re: Special Offers on Sewing Machines
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 17:19:26 PM »
Sewing machines direct are showing codes - they are a reputable company with a good reputation.
https://www.sewingmachines.co.uk/
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Mr Twingo

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 19:08:41 PM »
Agreed, Sewing Machines Direct is a superb company to deal with. My Janome SMD 5018 came from there – identical to the HD3000 – at a very attractive price.

Remember, many dealers are tied to agency prices (that is, they can't advertise lower prices than the manufacturer dictates) but if you ask, they can offer a better deal. That's why you'll see on many sites invitations to call or email for discount codes.

annieg

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 21:44:34 PM »
Thank you for the valuable advice.
Regards
Annie

Sakar

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 22:15:42 PM »
You might find a special offer at the Festival of Quilts in August. ;)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 22:16:33 PM »
Agency machines are just that and dealers have to stick to those prices.  I would be wary of those that don't.  They can lose their dealership and be in trouble with the machine companies.   The offers come round every couple of months or so. 
@annieg what are you looking for?   Any particular machine?   I can check for you tomorrow. 

annieg

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 22:30:46 PM »
Ohsewsimpke,
Thanks for your post.

I want Janome Atelier 5 or better, but I am open to other makes eg Pfaff Juki Elna.
Ideally ex demo or good second hand (reconditioned) so I get a better price than brand new.
Regards
Annie

maliw

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 14:50:07 PM »
If you phone Russell at Sewing Machines direct he may be able to help and will give you advice, I've done that in the past as well as having bought from them. I've visited the shop and bought online and they weren't 'pushy' but very helpful. he may have a demo model you never know.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula