Repurposing

Efemera

Re: Repurposing
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 17:06:30 PM »
Me?....are pattern weights funny? :S

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »
Doh, my comment was meant for Ellabella.

Esme866

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 14:13:13 PM »
I use green painters' "Frog Tape" to work with paper for drafting. It works just like drafting tape and is much easier to come by.

I also use the center roll from toilet tissue to wind lengths of thread that have been waxed and pressed for hand sewing. I secure the ends with frog tape. Makes it easier to store than a pin on the wall and the diameter prevents the thread from wanting to curl.

Bowerbird

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
@Efemera I loved the first review of the plate washers on your link  :D 0_0 :D 0_0

Bowerbird

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
@Esme866 your comment reminded me that I use the centre roll of the kitchen towel roll to store interfacings in. I slit the roll so it's easier to put around the interfacing, and write on the outside just what sort of interfacing it is-light/knit/iron-on etc etc. (I did steal the idea from someone else but can't remember who/where).

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
@Efemera I loved the first review of the plate washers on your link  :D 0_0 :D 0_0

Ha! I hadn't read the reviews. Amusing indeed. Did you see his name? Or his other reviews? A couple were very tongue in cheek and one about some multi-purpose wood screws was full of innuendo of a delicate nature, cough cough.

Glad you pointed this out- I needed the laugh today.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 17:52:35 PM »
Empty cotton reels get strung together on garden twine, with spaces between and big knots to keep them in place. They are then used on't allotment to scare cats/pigeons of my veg.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet