The Sewing Place

Sausage dog pattern for draught excluder?

Sheilago

Sausage dog pattern for draught excluder?
« on: July 17, 2018, 18:33:10 PM »
Hi, I’ve been asked to make 2 excluders for son’s in laws, but I can’t find the pattern I used last time I made one of these. It would be so much quicker not to have to make my own. Does anyone know of a free pattern?

Lilian

Re: Sausage dog pattern for draught excluder?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 23:28:25 PM »
Hi Sheilago, there is a free pattern download here:  http://www.lovepatchworkandquilting.com/templates/templates-for-issue-8

If that is any good
Willing but not always able :)

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »
Thanks @Lilian, that’s exactly what I was looking for, but just couldn’t find. I have saved that now, so I can make the two just now and find it in future.  :D

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
You could just elongate the body, that would do it surely (shirley)?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 16:23:59 PM »
Thanks @Lilian, that’s exactly what I was looking for, but just couldn’t find. I have saved that now, so I can make the two just now and find it in future.  :D

Happy to help, I had that magazine but couldn't remember which it was  0_0

Sorry I forgot how to do the mention thingy  :\  :)
Willing but not always able :)

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 19:12:43 PM »
I made a couple of these when I was young. They were really simple.  A rectangle of fabric as long as the door and as wide as the required circumference, plus allowances made the body.  The muzzle was simply a tapering from the top of the forehead to about two thirds of the finished height, at which point the seam is pivoted to the floor.  I can't remember the tail end but quite likely it was a circle of fabric the size to fit the diameter of the body.  The legs lay along the body and were just tubes of fabric stuffed and stitched by hand.  The tail was an elongated cone, similarly stuffed and stitched to the top of the back right where a tail should be.  The nose was a black button.  The eyes were felt (but could be googly stitch-ons) and the whiskers were yarn or string stitched to the side of the nose.  Ears were teardrop-shaped with flat tops (cut four and stitch each pair right sides together then turn), hand stitched in an appropriate location.

They were stuffed with old tights, fabric cut-offs or whatever was to hand.  I remember doing one in a brown boucle and the other in red needlecord.

Sheilago

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 19:01:16 PM »
Here are the 2 strange looking dogs. The person who wanted them gave me the doggy patterned fabric, which wasn’t really firm enough, but with a bit of contrasting fabric I got them done and she likes them.

Seweasy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 14:54:03 PM »
Oh I do like those...they look wuffly.....sorry I'l get my coat... ;)
I'm so much better at buying fabric, than  I am at using it up....

annieg

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 15:48:00 PM »
@Sheilago  how cute are they ....!!!  :woof: :woof: <3
Annieg