The Sewing Place

Hello everyone

Acorn

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 20:59:08 PM »
We've been doing something similar (8 places in 30 years) but are determined to stay here now.  We're getting to be very fond of sheep...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

countrygal

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 21:02:36 PM »
Your own flock or just wondering sheep in general?  :D

Kenora

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 21:36:20 PM »
Hi Abbie - welcome from me too. I can't pretend to know Lewisham well but I used to shop there in years gone by as I was born in Barnehurst, and lived in Eltham and Sidcup until I was 23. I've been in Cornwall for nearly 40 years now so everything has changed in that time. You're very brave to tackle making a dress completely by hand. I love hand sewing and hand finishes but I think I'd get bored of the long seams. :S Good luck anyway. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sewingsue

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 21:41:47 PM »
Welcome, Abbie.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

countrygal

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 21:42:24 PM »
Thank you, I'm sure there might be a desperate thread from myself at some point because of attempting this!  :angry:

Greybird

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 22:33:19 PM »
Hello and welcome!!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 22:34:18 PM »
Hi Abbie! Welcome to our delightful little community.  :flower: :cake: :toast:

I'm impressed with you attempting a hand sewn dress. I might manage a pocket or a button but that's about it. I love my machines!  :sew: Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

PS: I love when new members join. Being in the US and knowing not too much about the smaller towns in the UK I tend to Google them and have a look at images. Gorgeous countrysides near Stone. I love the canals and the rental houseboats- that looks like fun.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

countrygal

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 22:37:54 PM »
I use google for the US too  0_0 Stone is very nice but not a quiet as some people think, the noise when the pubs kick out can testify to that! But thank you, it's going to be a huge project but I've been working on smaller things to build confidence... I hope!  :S

crafter

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 22:58:24 PM »
Welcome from me too @countrygal.  I recently spent a weekend in the Lewisham area.  Don't really know what to say, except I hope you like your new environment.  Very different.

ambro0

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 23:45:18 PM »
Hi from me too @countrygal! I look forward to hearing about your handsewn dress progress.
Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU