The Sewing Place

Hi I'm Renita

renita

Hi I'm Renita
« on: July 21, 2018, 23:01:07 PM »
Hello, my name is Renita.  I'm from Woolgoolga - a town on the east coast of Australia that has way too many 'o's, 'l's and 'g's for it's own good, but makes up for it by being a glorious place to live.

I'm a long time sewer (and anything else related to fibre - spinner, weaver, dyer, knitter, etc) but have never had the courage to participate in a forum before.  I've lurked, particularly around SWAP discussions, and always dreamed of having the time (and being brave enough) to take part.

I 'retired' at the start of the year - I use that term loosely, as I still have three volunteer jobs that keep me quite busy each week.  But I've now cleared some of the backlog that built up from trying to juggle too many responsibilities for way too long and the sewing machine has been dusted off, ready for some serious sewing.  Actually, then I put the old one back in the cupboard and went to the store and bought a new one  - after 25 years with my little Elnita, she now has a big Brother for company.

So here I am, ready for some sewing fun and looking forward to being part of the community here.  I'm heading off to the SWAKOP thread to sign up and will probably be hanging around in other parts too - hope to see you there.

Renita

Renegade Sewist

Re: Hi I'm Renita
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 23:30:27 PM »
@renita welcome to the forum! I took a quick Google tour of Woolgoolga and goodness it does look glorious. Great oceanfront and beaches and that gorgeous Sikh Temple! We also have a significant Sikh population where I am. Delightful people. There are a couple of fabric stores with Sari fabrics and such which are fun little excursions.

I think you'll find lots of threads of interest for you here. We're a friendly lot. Glad you decided to give it a try.

Rene

Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

crafter

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 23:32:43 PM »
Welcome Renita, I hope you have a wonderful time here at and get some great inspiration.  I am doing things that I thought I would never bother with and really enjoying it.

Manuela

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 00:50:25 AM »
Welcome @renita - great to see that you are already active in our sewalong and competition section  :)

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 06:26:32 AM »
Welcome from me too @renita have a  :drink: and start to find out about this great place.
Still learning

annieg

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 07:00:57 AM »
Welcome to TSP, and good luck with all your sewing plans.
You'll find lots of support here.
 :D
Annieg

fajita

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 07:26:40 AM »
Welcome @renita  :flower: :drink:

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
Hi, Renita.  Welcome to TSP.   :drink:

ambro0

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 08:12:34 AM »
Hi @renita!! I'm a fellow Aussie and also relatively new to TSP. I think you will find this is a good place to hang out and I wish you a successful return to sewing.

Annette

Bernina Aurora QE440, Bernina 1150MDA Overlocker, Janome Coverpro 1000 CPX, Elna Air Electronic SU

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:29 AM »
hello Renita - and welcome!!

Surest1tch

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:43 AM »
Good morning Renita, welcome to TSP from me too  :drink:

Lolli

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 11:03:08 AM »
Hi Renita, welcome to TSP!  :flower:

Sewingsue

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 11:21:36 AM »
Welcome, Renita.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum Renita.  Keep posting about your sewing makes.

There's a big Sikh temple just a few miles from here - the biggest in the world outside of India.  It is quite spectacular and they are very welcoming to non Sikh visitors.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 13:05:09 PM »
Another welcome Renita.  I think a good many on here are returnees to sewing.  Although I never stopped completely I was amazed at how much had changed (fabrics, tools and techniques) that I didn't know about. I soon found out about them here.
Life's too short for ironing.