The Sewing Place

Frister Rossman 45 Mk1 feet?

Snowgoose

Frister Rossman 45 Mk1 feet?
« on: July 25, 2018, 13:15:05 PM »
Could somebody please tell me what feet this model takes, Frister Rossman 45 Mk1?  I may have the offer of one shortly, much cheaper than the new machine I was saving for  :) Would it take standard Singer feet, please?  I still have a box of some left from my Singer 201 I sold. 

So grateful for any help, thank you  :flower:

arrow

Re: Frister Rossman 45 Mk1 feet?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 14:58:45 PM »
I assume the Frister Rossmann is a low shank, but your 201 accessory box is for the old straight stitchers. Some of the 201 feet will probably work, but for zigzag stitches they neeed the wider needle hole. The feed dogs on the zigzagger is wider set than on a 201, borrowing feet can make things act up in odd ways. The old narrower presser feet doesn't always land  ideally on the wider feed dogs. I generally let an old machine keep it's box of accessories. Low shank ruffler feet tend to work on most machines, but I have never needed a ruffle, just tried them out. Adjustable zipper feet should in theory work fine.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 22:02:03 PM by arrow »

arrow

Re: Frister Rossman 45 Mk1 feet?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 17:44:35 PM »
Today I happen to read something on a Frister Rossmann 45 Mark I ; it looks like it's a high lift machine, which I think means high shank, it might take industrial feet. 201 accessories are out of the question. If you are lucky it's an all metal straight stitch - zigzag only model, it should run smoothly and of the very last all metal models from the 1970s. They don't turn up that often.