The Sewing Place

The Textile Centre

maliw

The Textile Centre
« on: July 25, 2018, 20:19:16 PM »
A big thumbs up. At the end of last week I ordered a couple of lengths of fabric, one was advertised as 1.6mtrs of scuba. This was a one off piece but when it came it was 2.2 mtrs, no complaints from me, I may have to reconsider what I'm going to make now I have an extra half a metre.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

SkoutSews

Re: The Textile Centre
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 20:33:25 PM »
I like the Textile Centre too. Its a bad habit to get into though. "I'll just have a quick look to see if they have anything new..."

I'm halfway through a pair of 'matchstick duck' trousers (this fabric not a comment on my legs) must find time to get them finished. Then there's the linen blend dress all cut out and ready to go and the African leaf print linen blend waiting to be cut into.

It has to stop  ><

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 20:56:04 PM »
I don't think I've ever had a length of fabric from The Textile Centre which wasn't measured generously.  Not always that much extra, but never "only just" what was ordered.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 20:35:20 PM »
Yes the Textile Centre is great. I've had some well priced Liberty fabrics, a lovely oranges and lemons Makower fabric also at an excellent price and some great linen blend fabric. If you see the same fabric elsewhere it is usually cheaper at the Textile Centre.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde