The Sewing Place

Autumn Vogue patterns

Tamnymore

Autumn Vogue patterns
« on: July 26, 2018, 20:40:53 PM »
The new autumn Vogue patterns are now on the US Vogue site so I wondered what y'all thought of them. I like the Julio César jacket and the two Betzina patterns. Quite liked the Tilton dress pattern but I think.I can frankenpattern two existing patterns to get the same effect.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

Re: Autumn Vogue patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 21:12:02 PM »
@Tamnymore: link, please.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 21:31:07 PM »
I've looked at all the "Big Four" company Autumn releases and save for an 18" doll handbag pattern that I truly don't need I will be saving a fortune on patterns. There are a few interesting garments but not in styles I should wear or did wear when they would have flattered me.

Sigh, am I alone in growing weary of all the giant flounces on sleeves? I always managed to drag them through my dinner or art project, ruining both garment and other item.

Now Fran, you don't like the shirt that Koos van Den Akker apparently produced from the grave? Admit it; if it were solid it would be a nice basic well drafted little men's shirt. I did like the Julio Cesar jacket, which was very Koos. I looked Julio up and in the past he collaborated with Koos...mystery solved.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

dolcevita

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 22:09:30 PM »
I really like the look of V1595 but I don't think that it's worth the price of a Vogue pattern.

SkoutSews

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 22:40:55 PM »
I know what you mean, @dolcevita , I feel the same about this top.  Nice style, but simple enough to adapt from a pattern I already have (famous last words!).

Nicola1968

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 22:41:34 PM »
We've moved on from dog abuse to husband abuse.

omg, seriously!  That slimy face, that bouffant hair, those thin lip - eugh!  He deserves that shirt!

Nik

Manuela

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 01:15:58 AM »
Linky

I like this one - still have a silk Kantha lying about

It also leads itself to applying all kind of embellishments when done in plain fabric

Vogue 9331 makes me shudder - the worst of the eighties combined in one blouse  :ninja:

Vogue 9339 is an interesting take on a Chanel style jacket - one would need to turn the two-piece sleeve into a three-piece sleeve though. I like the assymetric front.

While the Tilton dress is cute, it's also predictable (read knit). And I really don't want to see the same knit tops again and again and again...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 14:10:30 PM by Manuela »

dolcevita

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 07:35:40 AM »
The blouse is undeniably hideous, @Manuela , I agree.  I thought that Burda's take on the retro 70s look in the August issue was far more successful.

It will be a few weeks before the new patterns are available here.  If I still remember by then, I may cave in and get the dress pattern, but a few weeks is a long time in dressmaking  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 07:40:52 AM »
Thanks for the link @Manuela . Yes all those flouncy sleeves- I'd be accidentally dipping them in my soup! I think I'd lengthen the sleeves in the Julio César jacket  a bit otherwise I'd have to find elbow length leather gloves  :S .

They won't arrive in the UK for a few weeks yet and goodness only knows when there will be a sale.

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 08:31:09 AM »
Absolutely nothing and Vogue is my favourite pattern line.  The shirt is okay, but the model looks like a shop window mannequin.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »
For once, there are actually a couple I like - this one, and this one.
The first one I particularly like the collared version, and I'd want to shorten the second to a tunic, that could be a challenge.

DementedFairy

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »
I agree with prior comments- Tiltons as expected, like 'em but same old same old.

Only a couple I like enough to eventually buy, V9335
and possibly V9329 although it's not VERY different I like the style lines on the back

The rest either don't fit my style or have faffy sleeves lol
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 14:24:10 PM »
V9335 is the only one I like but as I have lots of trouser patterns I'd only be buying it for the top - is it worth it?????
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 15:49:59 PM »
Yes I thought V9335 was interesting and it already comes in a tunic length as well as dress length (for @Bodgeitandscarper ). View A is 6 inches shorter than B and C. As it isn't a designer pattern it shouldn't be one of the most expensive ones - when it eventually appears in a half price sale in the UK!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 15:58:53 PM by Tamnymore »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 16:21:50 PM »
I hadn't noticed the different lengths, that's definitely on the shopping list then  :)