The Sewing Place

StyleArc - discount of 25% at the moment

Helen M

Re: StyleArc - discount of 25% at the moment
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
The Boxing Day 30% offer ends on New Year's Eve.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Sewingsue

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 11:12:52 AM »
The Boxing Day 30% offer ends on New Year's Eve.
Thinks 'do I actually want to know this?'  -<
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Sewingsue

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »
Well I now have four possible pants patterns to chose from (not that I don't already have pants patterns in my stash).
I mean, no one needs four different pants patterns do they.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 14:05:57 PM by Sewingsue »
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

mudcat

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 23:59:38 PM »
I mean, no one needs four different pants patterns do they.

oh ... yes, I think they do.   :devil:

I'm afraid I have at least a dozen SA pants.  And how many have I made?  Three.

maliw

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
I love SA patterns - thanks to @DementedFairy!!!!!!, I sent for 3 in November - 2 of the kids patterns and a freebie. They hadn't arrived after a month so I e-mailed them,? Christmas post delay??? I had a lovely reply and they sent me the PDFs for all three (sadly printer is on the blink) but the hard copies arrived on Christmas eve. Interestingly a Christmas card from friends in Melbourne didn't arrive until after Christmas and it's usually one of the first.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 11:11:19 AM »
@mudcat you are doing better than me. I too have loads of SA patterns but hsve only made up.one so far.  :S  @Sewingsue only 4 pants patterns?  :devil: If you wear trousers a lot I don't think that's excessive. Also the beauty of a pdf pattern is that it can wait until you are ready to use it to be printed so you are not increasing the physical volume of sewing related stuff in your house - that's the main gripe about my sewing habit in my household!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Sewingsue

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 15:41:53 PM »
3 pants patterns ordered plus the freebie blouse.
That intriguing ziggi jacket is Style Arc as well - maybe one day.

Catllar

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 16:50:53 PM »
I made a Simone cardigan yesterday - really quick make cut and done in under 2 hours. Methinks I shall make more. Great fit - arms just right width and the shoulder fit is fine for my wide shoulders.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lachica

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 19:02:20 PM »
Boxing Day code is still working. I just ordered Ziggi to use with the lovely faux suede given me from a friend's stash. It's been in my stash at least 6 months so should qualify for stash busting. I got the Macey blouse as a freebie, not sure if I'll use it but it'd be rude not to. Printing them is another matter.....eventually got all 66 pages of Ziggi but the printer now reckons it wants more toner, halfway through Macey.  :devil:
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Tamnymore

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 19:32:38 PM »
Yes I sneaked in a couple more of them.  I'll stop now. There will be plenty more sales in the future.  0_0

Unless I'm desperate I usually wait until I can print them at work as my ancient laser  printer grumbles at any size of pdf!

Fiona M

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
Thanks for this, I just bought the Eme dress pdf pattern, which Lara has just posted on her blog.  https://thornberry.wordpress.com  She sews a lot of Style Arc patterns, so her blog is worth searching for an honest review.
The BOXING30OFF code is still working, they are 11 hours ahead of us in Melbourne, so it probably will expire in an hour or two - I just made it under the wire!

annieeg

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2018, 11:38:40 AM »
Thanks from me too...
I just bought the MARTHA overshirt pattern pdf for £5.16p.
 :D
Annieeg

Helen M

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2018, 13:37:10 PM »
Thanks for this, I just bought the Eme dress pdf pattern, which Lara has just posted on her blog.  https://thornberry.wordpress.com  She sews a lot of Style Arc patterns, so her blog is worth searching for an honest review.
The BOXING30OFF code is still working, they are 11 hours ahead of us in Melbourne, so it probably will expire in an hour or two - I just made it under the wire!

Lara's blog is quite enabling isn't it! I did the same as you late last night after reading the latest post.

I've also noticed the cut off time stretches a bit, I suppose it's left on to accommodate folk on the W Coast of the US so it may still operate early tomorrow. I know I've caught it at the last minute in the past!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Tamnymore

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2018, 14:35:27 PM »
I've just printed out my new copy of the Genevieve jacket pattern with my ancient printer which can only cope with being sent one page of a pdf at a time - something of an achievement for 90 pages! I saw a version that someone on a blog did with two contrasting fabrics so I may have a go with some grey herringbone Harris tweed with plain black for the collar and sleeves.

It's interesting that none of the jacket and coat patterns I've had from Stylearc so far have had linings. This isn't really a problem as I can easily construct a lining if need be. I wonder if it's because they are based in Oz and linings aren't so much a thing in hot climates.