The Sewing Place

Invitation to a feedback/Brainstorming meeting

eclectic

Invitation to a feedback/Brainstorming meeting
« on: July 27, 2018, 12:17:33 PM »
Hi all … I am thinking of posting the following online in one of the Facebook groups I am in …. But would like some feedback before I do …. In case there are any pitfalls that I have missed or could perhaps word it better … I have noticed that conversations can get messy, with lots of replies or questions in different strings etc and would like to avoid that by being clear and concise and would then ask them to message me only with replies. So any feedback here would be greatly appreciated and also if you have any suggestions as to where I could post it would be great.

TO POST: I have a great patternmaking software (for drafting, grading etc) and tried and tested patterns and I am thinking of getting them ready for sale but need to team up with someone who is socially media active and proficient in sewing stretch wear to see where we can go with this. Even though I am based in Germany I think we could work together online so I don’t think location is an issue. Is anyone interested in collaborating with me?

thanks Juliet

DementedFairy

Re: Invitation to a feedback/Brainstorming meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 15:19:26 PM »
What exactly are you hoping to find?  Collaborating in what way?  Do you need pattern testers, or a business partner?
C'est moi!

eclectic

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 16:10:52 PM »
Aah thanks DF … I guess that means I haven't worded it correctly … probably because I am not 100% certain what it is I am looking for!! I don't want a pattern tester and not really a partner .. I was thinking of something a little less formal. When I say collaborate I have most of the skills and the tools but definitely lacking on the social media side and ideas etc and it would be nice to have someone to putting ideas together and moving forward with them. Even you just asking me that question is helpful and now gets me thinking … so thanks

jesster

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 19:41:53 PM »
Are you looking for someone to help you figure out marketing on social media?  Sometimes the hardest part is finding the specific word/s that describes what you want.  It's essentially finding the right keyword for your search.   :)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 19:50:04 PM »
Juliet, until you're sure of what it is you want I'd suggest holding off on the posting. Better to wait for clarity on what you want than coming off as unprepared.

Now, regarding your possible post: change it from socially to just social media active; I've never seen it the other way. Why do they need to be proficient in sewing stretch wear? That might need elaborating on, as it sounds like what you might want is someone to sew for you. Otherwise, if you just need them to be familiar with sewing stretch fabric so they understand what you are doing, proficient isn't needed.

From your posting and reply to DF is what you are looking for actually a social media manager? If so that is a paid position and low end freelance starts at $15 to $20 hour. If you have them creating content for you it goes up from there. Qualified social media consultants are much higher.

And one last bit of preparation before marketing: You personally have made up all sizes you intend to offer as well as having had at least one other person make up each size? In other words they are fully tested by multiple sewists so you know they all work and work well.

Hope this helps! Good luck. Growing a business from scratch can be very challenging and humbling. You get to discover all this stuff that you didn't know.  8)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

eclectic

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 08:16:38 AM »
Thankyou @Renegade Sewist and @jesster … your responses (and DF's) were perfect and gave me much to think about last night and believe it or not I am now actually able to work out what it is I am looking for!
(This is why I love this forum)