The Sewing Place

Mate Your Orphans Competition

BrendaP

Re: Mate Your Orphans Competition
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
The compromise is that I've ordered a short length of the pink silk to make a shift top.  Probably New Look 6163
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
and use the black, currently being pre-washed, to make some smart trousers.

Meanwhile I'm trying to think of what to do with those other fabrics, other than letting them mature in the stash.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 15:28:34 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 11:02:23 »
I might actually be able to make something for this now and add it to my SWAKOP. I have two lovely tops, the same one in black one in white. They are 3/4 sleeve tops with a deep V and a lace inset at the neckline and they sit ever so slightly off the shoulders (just on the shoulder bone). Really nice dressy tops but they are irritatingly short. They need to be tucked in really but I don't wear trousers with tucked in tops, so I need a nice full black skirt I think. Something classy to wear to nice dinners and such.

Edit: found a pic

Manuela

Francesca

« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 12:28:42 »
Has anyone sewn with pleated plisse fabric?

I have some that would work for this, but my concern is that because the pleats are even it'll hang like a straight skirt. My hips are obviously not conducive to a nice straight silhouette.

Considering making loose trousers instead: