The Sewing Place

Mate Your Orphans Competition

Manuela

Re: Mate Your Orphans Competition
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
@Francesca, that sounds like an excellent plan  :)

Kwaaked

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
Well, the only thing I have that is a relative orphan is my ugly pants.

Considering they're at the fair right now (yes, yes I DID enter those suckers into a sewing fair here), they aren't really orphans since I won't even get them back until October.

So...yeah, you're welcome!  I'm not going to do it!

Manuela

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 22:57:06 PM »
Hmm, it has gotten very quiet here....

Mocarroll

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2018, 20:31:01 PM »
In the quietness I have been trying to learn how to insert pictures, so here goes...
I do like a shirt and made this     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   a couple of years ago using Lekala 5988and 50p  ametre fabric from Walthamstow market.  Could never find anything to wear with it.
So bought thisfrom Fabricland to make https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/jasmine-pant/some trousers.  Finally bought some soft sweater knit at £3.99 from TiaKnight to make a long cardi using a self-drafted pattern.  Trousers almost finished and cardigan cut out and ready to go, shouldn't take long  0_0!

Edited to turn the sideways picture
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:42:41 AM by Manuela »

Mocarroll

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »
Still hopeless at this, need more practice  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Here’s picture of the fabric for cardigan and trousers.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

SkoutSews

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
@Mocarroll , I love that shirt.  Great fabric and style with the pintucks and pearl embellishment.

Manuela

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 13:12:33 PM »
Fabulous @Mocarroll   :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 13:39:12 PM »
I like to have a go at all the garment contests, but am a bit stumped on this one. I've been sewing wardrobes for years now ( and letting orphans go) so not quite sure what I would have as my inspiration piece.

In have got a half finished safari jacket in a dark olive green which is not one of my normal colours. Don't know what I'd sew to go with it then. Maybe some striped trousers in an even darker olive/brown and a pink turtle neck top?

Efemera

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 20:47:12 PM »
I think I’ve enough to fill an orphanage!...

Mocarroll

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2018, 14:43:42 PM »
Well here we are, all finished.  That was the easy bit, now the tricky bit, getting the photos in!
I wanted to make a casual Autumn outfit using a camel blouse I made a few years ago.  I made this long-line cardigan  using my overlocker and hemmed with the coverstitch machine.  It was a dream to work with and only took a few hours.
Trousers are really comfy but I've still got a bit of a saggy butt where I need to take a fish-eye dart next time.  Luckily cardigan covers it.
All in all an outfit for less than £20!  Blouse, 50p a metre from Walthamstow market, cardigan £3.99m from Tia Knight and trousers £3.99m from Fabricland.
And here is the whole outfit.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

......And finally, another orphan screamed "What about me?" and I remembered this blouse that I made a few years ago using this pattern and some lovely Liberty silk which just happens to go perfectly with the colours in the cardigan.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 14:45:40 PM by Francesca »

Mocarroll

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2018, 14:46:42 PM »
See, I told you I was hopeless...!

Here is the cardigan and other blouse  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

annieg

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 15:08:30 PM »
@Mocarroll
Very, very nice....
Going to go to Tia site now !!
Annieg

SkoutSews

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 15:51:51 PM »
Very successful orphan wrangling.

Greybird

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 16:01:04 PM »
@Mocarroll - those look lovely! Very impressed.

Pearl

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 16:08:17 PM »
@Mocarroll , they are all fab.  I love the photo of you wearing your outfit.  Looks great.   :loveit:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 16:34:32 PM by Pearl »