The Sewing Place

Textile centre

Catllar

Textile centre
« on: July 31, 2018, 17:48:57 PM »
My butterfly fabric  - not a dress after all.  This is Love Notions Pattern LDT top made using the tank version and hi-low tunic hem.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Vezelay

Re: Textile centre
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 18:18:22 PM »
Such a pretty summery tunic - love those butterflies. I take it it's still warm down there then  :).

Stitches

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 18:22:36 PM »
Love it

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 19:17:11 PM »
Beautifully done, those bindings look awesome.

Nevis5

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 19:51:10 PM »
You look fab @Catllar !  Such pretty fabric and beautifully made up.

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 20:33:48 PM »
That fabric is gorgeous and the top looks fantastic on you. You are a bad influence though, I've spent a small fortune on summery fabrics this last couple of months and am supposed to have banned myself from buying any more this year but unless I can muster more self restraint I may just have to go and investigate that one  :S :fish:.

Catllar

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 20:38:36 PM »
Thanks folks. Yes it's still warmish here - expecting 39 tomorrow, getting cool at night though - 26'ish last night. need a jumper LOL! 

To be fair Surest1ch, if we didn't buy this loveliness it would be lonely and unloved and that would be cruelty to fabric.

Helen M

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 21:13:32 PM »
That's gorgeous @Catllar!

Can anyone access the Love Notions webpage? For some reason Avast is blocking access for me. (I don't much like Avast but the guy who repaired my laptop 2 months ago put it on, I'm not happy though)
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Vezelay

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 21:23:24 PM »
Me too @Helen M. You can temporarily disable Avast or exclude the website - if you're sure it's safe. This page explains how.

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 21:26:13 PM »
I'm getting the message:
'Maintenance mode

7/31/18

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Our website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance.'

Their Facebook page says 'Good morning!!
The site will be down most of today to migrate to a new host (yes, again). I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This new host has a really good reputation so I'm confident we're not going to have any more issues.'

Maybe the 'issues' they refer to have given Avast a problem, although Avira is fine with the site.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 21:49:33 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 21:44:07 PM »
I went on this morning and it was fine but this afternoon I got the maintenance message too. I have Avast but it didn't appear.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Catllar

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 21:55:45 PM »
According to their FB page they are still having problems with the site. They are changing servers or something and it's all going a a bit Pete!  The pattern I made is a freebie if you register with the site - what's not to love.

Vezelay

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 13:24:01 PM »
Lovenotions website is back up now but only just. Says the LDT pattern is $5 @Francesca .  Maybe it's free if you subscribe which isn't working at the moment so can't tell.

annieg

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 14:34:42 PM »
@Francesca can I have a copy of this LDT pattern please? 
(How difficult would it be add sleeves?)
 :D
Thank you!
Annieg

Vezelay

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 17:42:19 PM »
Th
I think it was free only if you joined the Facebook group.

You're right @Francesca - it's free when you join the Lovenotions Pattern Support Group. Here's the link @annieg. Looks like a versatile pattern.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 17:44:41 PM by Vezelay »