The Sewing Place

August’s BOM - Circle of Flowers

StitchinTime

August’s BOM - Circle of Flowers
« on: August 01, 2018, 06:55:33 AM »
Iminei is having to deal with troublemakers in The Village (tensions are running high and low, stitches have been skipping around the place and there is now a thread drought), so you’ve got me again this month.

This month’s block is a variation on the Circle of Friends block. By fussy cutting the squares from floral fabrics and including some “leaves”, the circle of friends becomes –

As usual, click on the first picture in the album to bring it up to full size. If no instructions are visible, click on the i icon to make them appear. For those who prefer to work from printed instructions, all the details are available in this PDF file.

Do let me know if you spot any errors or if anything is unclear.

Don’t forget, there is a dedicated Hall of Fame for all your creations and an exclusive The Sewing Place Prize Winners Badge for everyone who completes all of 2018's BOMs.

Edited 19 August: When making this block in my BOM fabrics, I noticed the line drawing of the layout did not match the photo of the layout (the photo was correct). I've updated the the line drawing in the album and in the pdf file. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 13:29:23 PM by Iminei »

Sandra

Re: August’s BOM
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
Thank you, @StitchinTime  for doing our BOM for us again.  :)

I'll definitely be giving it a go. I'm trying to think if I've got flowery fabrics...I'm sure to have something.

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »
It doesn't have to be flowers - you could fussy cut anything that takes your fancy. Alternatively, you could go for a rainbow effect and just use solids instead of the fussy cut squares.

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »
I'll have to have a rummage and see what I can find. I'm sure to find something.

Sandra.
xxx

maliw

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 19:33:47 PM »
Another 'thank you' from me @StitchinTime. I appreciate the work that you have put into this, now I just need time and fabric.
A big 'thank you' to you too @Iminei for all the work that you have put into the BOM over the last 18 months+.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Cheesecake

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 16:00:28 PM »
Thank you for the block stitchintime looking forward to doing it, hopefully while still within the correct month this time.

Cheesecake

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 16:47:19 PM »
All caught up and plenty of August left.

maliw

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 16:48:52 PM »
Wow that was quick, I must look out my flowery fabrics.

Sandra

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 19:23:54 PM »
Lovely work, Cheesecake.  :)

I'm still looking at different fabrics.  :S  I've given up trying to find flowers. I don't have anything suitable, so I've been looking to see if I've got any other prints which could be used.

At the back of my mind, I'm thinking I could look for something on Thursday if I make it to the FoQ.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »
Bravo Cheesecake Bravo!!!

You have been busy, hop along and open up the BOM HOF for the others now,

:angel:
@Sandra
How about pictorial kids characters, frogs? Spacemen? Sort of I Spy ... or really directional prints, zigzags, lines, circles?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 10:22:20 AM »
@Iminei  I've found a selection of possibilities which are currently sitting to one side while I think about it. They've been sat there overnight and they still look OK this morning.

I couldn't seem to find a good range of colours of a similar type of print. I know what fabric type I'd have liked but I don't have it.
I was eyeing up some of my Kaffe Fassett layer cakes but can't bring myself to fussy-cut it up.  -<

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 11:15:45 AM »

Calling everyone who may have some KF scraps of 3" square or slightly larger ... we have a member in need indeed!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 11:21:58 AM »
 0_0  0_0  0_0

Noooooo!  I've got plenty of fabrics. Just not quite what I'd like to have for this little project.

If I make it to Brum on Thursday, *tuts*, I'm going to have to buy some fabrics. Isn't that annoying when that happens?  :D ;)

Sandra.
xxx

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
Terrible, just terrible.  I hope they have some.   :P
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

maliw

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 21:47:15 PM »
I know that feeling, I bought some last year for the Shimmer BOM. I had lots of fabric, just not the right fabric.