The Sewing Place

Table top cover

Gernella

Table top cover
« on: August 05, 2018, 14:29:48 PM »
I use a cheap £4.99 fleece backed table cloth when I sew on the dining room table.  The table has its own protector but is a bit heavy to drag out every time.

The warm weather has meant I'm sewing downstairs when I can, but at the weekend I need the cheapo cover on the table to clean the birdies out and had to shunt the machine onto the floor.

So, looking for a cheap table cloth protector, although I didn't want one with the patterned surface just plain, that was more expensive but heavy duty £10.99.  Then I saw this:

https://www.improvementscatalog.com/protective-table-cover-for-sewing/laundry-room/sewing-accessories/305720?isCrossSell=true&strategy=59&gtmPageName=May%20We%20Suggest-SLIBodyView

It's more expensive but I like those bits added on.  Has any one else got one?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

annieg

Re: Table top cover
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 15:54:48 PM »
@Gernella I came across your post the other day and used the link to the table top cover, but the supplier seems not to sell to the UK  :'(

Should you come across anything similar within the UK, could you let me know?

Many thanks.
Annieg

Gernella

Re: Table top cover
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 18:20:57 PM »
They did at the time and quoted postage at around £27, so ditched the idea and bought a meter of table protector, which works just as well but not quite as fancy.  I think what I really want is one of those aprons with a catch tray attached, I might spend less time losing snips and scissors.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included